Options

Sealant around roof vents

During my spring dewinterize, I was checking the roof sealants around the vents. On the bathroom vent sealant I found a small hole (about 2 -3 cm long) near the outer edge, away from the fan housing. It has rained a couple of times since then, and I have not noticed any leakage, but I know it needs to be patched.

What type of sealant is installed from the factory around the fan housings? Is it a Dicor sealant? If not, what is it? Could I use a regular outdoor caulking to patch the hole? Or does it need to be specialized?

Sorry for all the questions.

Thanks.
Hopper - 2019 T@B 400
Donald S. Cherry - 2016 Kia Sorento V6 (3.3L)
Where we call home - Our House, Calgary, Alberta, Canada, North America, Earth, SOL, Milky Way, Universe
GO FLAMES GO!

Comments

• Options
    qhumberdqhumberd Member Posts: 471
    I am in the middle of replacing my bath fan and decided to get Dicor self leveling lap sealant for the roof part. Most folks seem to find this works well on RVs

2019  T@B400 Boondock Lite "Todd"

2016 Toyota Tundra 5.7 Crew Cab
  • Options
    qhumberdqhumberd Member Posts: 471
    There are slight differences in the ID numbers on the Dicor sealants but I could not find the difference in materials or use. On the roof self leveling flows to where it is needed

2019  T@B400 Boondock Lite "Todd"

2016 Toyota Tundra 5.7 Crew Cab
  • Options
    SydSyd Member Posts: 47
    Exclellent @qhumberd. Thank you for clearing that up for me.
    Hopper - 2019 T@B 400
    Donald S. Cherry - 2016 Kia Sorento V6 (3.3L)
    Where we call home - Our House, Calgary, Alberta, Canada, North America, Earth, SOL, Milky Way, Universe
    GO FLAMES GO!