Sealant around roof vents
Syd
Member Posts: 50
During my spring dewinterize, I was checking the roof sealants around the vents. On the bathroom vent sealant I found a small hole (about 2 -3 cm long) near the outer edge, away from the fan housing. It has rained a couple of times since then, and I have not noticed any leakage, but I know it needs to be patched.
What type of sealant is installed from the factory around the fan housings? Is it a Dicor sealant? If not, what is it? Could I use a regular outdoor caulking to patch the hole? Or does it need to be specialized?
Sorry for all the questions.
Thanks.
What type of sealant is installed from the factory around the fan housings? Is it a Dicor sealant? If not, what is it? Could I use a regular outdoor caulking to patch the hole? Or does it need to be specialized?
Sorry for all the questions.
Thanks.
Hopper - 2019 T@B 400
Donald S. Cherry - 2016 Kia Sorento V6 (3.3L)
Where we call home - Our House, Calgary, Alberta, Canada, North America, Earth, SOL, Milky Way, Universe
GO FLAMES GO!
Donald S. Cherry - 2016 Kia Sorento V6 (3.3L)
Where we call home - Our House, Calgary, Alberta, Canada, North America, Earth, SOL, Milky Way, Universe
GO FLAMES GO!
0
Comments
-
I am in the middle of replacing my bath fan and decided to get Dicor self leveling lap sealant for the roof part. Most folks seem to find this works well on RVs
2019 T@B 400 Boondock Lite towed by 2016 5.7L Toyota Tundra
0 -
There are slight differences in the ID numbers on the Dicor sealants but I could not find the difference in materials or use. On the roof self leveling flows to where it is needed
2019 T@B 400 Boondock Lite towed by 2016 5.7L Toyota Tundra
0
Categories
- All Categories
- 11 Cirrus Truck Campers
- 127 Dutchman and Vintage TaB Archives
- 3 Forum Rules
- 3 nüCamp & Forum Contacts
- 967 Air Conditioning & Refrigeration
- 2.7K Battery/Electrical & Solar
- 1.2K Camping & Travel
- 145 Events & News
- 220 Factory Comments
- 23 "FOR SALE" - New/Used Trailers
- 12 “FOR SALE" - Camping & Trailer Gear
- 2.4K Heating/Plumbing & Winterizing
- 142 Help - Computer & System
- 924 Introductions
- 408 Looking to purchase a trailer?
- 2.1K Modifications & Upgrades
- 1.4K Products and Accessories
- 419 Service/Maintenance & Recall Notices
- 37 Solo Travelers Hints & Tips
- 1 T@G Forum
- 77 Teardrop Groups & Links
- 78 Testimonials
- 922 Tips & Tricks
- 1.5K Trailer & Towing
- 27 Owners Manuals/PDF Files/Videos & Resources
- 56 üCamp Rally - News & Information
