Options

Leaking under T@B 320s

We discovered this leak last year and went back and forth with our dealer in Vermont and the nuCamp factory team.  It was thought be caused by leaking tail lights.  I disassembled the tail lights and found they were not sealed correctly and had to replace the lights and the sealant.  After all that it was better but not completely cured.  
     We decided to take our camper to the nuCamp factory and have the experts figure out the problem.  It turned out to be a bad seal on the lower keeter rail below the 120 volt outlet on the door side of the camper.  I was glad I took it to the factory to be repaired since I would surely have taken the whole back end apart looking for the leak before I started looking on the side.  Thank you Austin and the team at nuCamp. Sometimes a drive to Sugarcreek is just what the doctor ordered.  

Earl & Sue | Central NY |
2017 T@B 320S | TV: Chevy Silverado

Comments

• Options
    MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,596
    Thanks, good to know.
    Did nuCamp tell you how they isolated the leak location?

My unit has started leaking in same general area as yours was doing.  I've considered rain or worse car wash pressure forcing water in an creating a leak . . . .
    I've not decided what steps I'll take to isolate the source.
    P.S.
    Discovered water leaking from rear at first highway rest stop at start of a one week adventure.  So spent an hour mobbing and searching.  Only was able to confirm 'the source' does not seem to be the trailer fresh water system and the liquid was not glycol.

'18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
  • Options
    newellnewell Member Posts: 182
         I think the majority of the leak was the water following the tail light wires into the back of the camper.  Check there first and see if the hole where the wire runs that it is caulked and sealed. I took care of that myself on advice from nuCamp and my dealer.  I think they found the addition leaking at the factory below the 110 outlet when they removed the ABS trim below the bottom keeter rail.  They wouldn't allow me to see how the sausage was made so I'm not completely sure how they found that.  Probably from past experience with other campers.

Earl & Sue | Central NY |
    2017 T@B 320S | TV: Chevy Silverado