Options

2021 Tab 400 Freshwater tank

Can someone remind me where you fill the freshwater tank on the 2021 400? It's not with me right now, and I can't remember how to fill it. 

Comments

• Options
    justdoit70justdoit70 Member Posts: 42
    Yikes ! Put pressure regulator on fresh water input on the nautilus fresh water inlet hook up the hose  and let er fill, CAUTION not to overfill. Relax LOOK AT DIAGRAM  on the nautilus p3 you got this!
  • Options
    jenniferlzrjenniferlzr Member Posts: 59
    For some reason I thought the "city water" site was only for when you're hooked into water. Doesn't it have a screen on it? I'm assuming that is removable in case you're filling your tank from a water container and funnel. I'll be boondocking, so I'll be using containers to put water in. 
  • Options
    TomCanadaTomCanada Member Posts: 286
    You can use the water pump to siphon outside water into the tank.  You'll need a cut off short piece of hose.  The Nautilus should have a configuration of valves shown for siphon mode
  • Options
    Jake_Elwood_and_usJake_Elwood_and_us Member Posts: 40
    edited June 2022
    Coming up on 2 weeks since I picked up our 2021 400BD T@B and really enjoyed our first 5 day trip. Now I have questions on various items including how to fill the fresh water tank from portable jugs. I tried the siphon method and 12 volt pump method with no luck. I placed a bucket above the inlet and had a short hose filled with water tied into the inlet connection but no water would get through the check valve/backflow preventer. I have studied the P3 manual and diagrams and I understand all the valves. It seems the amount of pressure to defeat the check valve/backflow preventer exceeds the 5psi I read about on this site. Thanks for any and all help.
    2021 T@B400 BD
    2000 Tundra 4x4 poverty pulling luxury
    Calif. coastal-sand & redwoods
  • Options
    berggerbergger Moderator Posts: 1,031
    Sometimes it is difficult to get the pump to prime using the siphon method.  Once it primes it fills well.  On a couple occasions I had to pour water down into the short hose then I actually blew it into the system.  After doing that a couple of times the pump primed.  Sometimes it primes itself and you don't have to do that. 
    2021 T@b 400 BD  "Vixen Gail" 
    2018 Nissan Titan Pro 4X "Big Bird"
    Leadville Colorado
  • Options
    Thanks bergger, I'll try running the pump longer. I was concerned about running the pump with no water going through it. I did try blowing the water through the short hose but it was a no go. The resistance was too much.
    2021 T@B400 BD
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Does anyone know if when filling the fresh water tank with the powerfill option and letting it fill until the water comes out the overfill drain is a bad thing. The manual says to not overfill. The video from NuCamp shows watching the gauge inside the camper but I was hoping to get the maximum fill. Ideas? Warnings? Thanks!

I did a bit of searching and found the answer here. Thanks bergger!

bergger Member Posts: 540
    The official response appears to be just as treefrog said.  

"Thanks for reaching out to us, that is a great question.  First off, congratulations and welcome to the nuCamp family!  The new 400 has a "breather" that is located underneath the unit to the left of the Nautilus just behind the wheel, it should be blue in color.  When the tank is full it flow from that valve onto the ground.  I hope this helps and if you have any other questions please reach out.  ​Have a great day!"

I'll go look for the overflow vent this weekend.  I guess I just did not see it last time.  Really the only difference between the old system and the new nautilus when filling with water is the gravity fill is now combined into the city water hookup.  Only one fill port vs two.  You just flip some levers to direct the hose water into the tank vs bypassing when running off city water.  The nautilus system really cleans up that side of the trailer compared to the previous models.  I think I'm going to like it. 

2021 T@B400 BD
  • Options
    All good now thanks to this forum. :)
    2021 T@B400 BD
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,529
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    Good to know, Thanks!

2021 T@B400 BD
  • Options
    williedeanwilliedean Member Posts: 13
    This is my process for priming the 2021 T@B400 with Nautilus.
    1. Attach a short hose  to the freshwater connection on the Nautilus.
    2. Pointing the loose end of the hose up, and above the level of the supply port, fill the hose with water. 
    3. Turn on the pump and it should start pulling water out of the hose.
    4. As soon as you see water starting to flow from the hose into the T@B, stick the loose end of the hose into the water container supplying the fresh water. This container can be sitting on the ground.

I believe it is incorrect to refer to this as a gravity feed system. That is only applicable to pre Nautilus T@Bs (pre 2021 models)
    2021 T@B 400 BDL (June 2020) - "Sojourner"
    2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland V6 
    Cincinnati, OH
  • Options
    This is my process for priming the 2021 T@B400 with Nautilus.
    1. Attach a short hose  to the freshwater connection on the Nautilus.
    2. Pointing the loose end of the hose up, and above the level of the supply port, fill the hose with water. 
    3. Turn on the pump and it should start pulling water out of the hose.
    4. As soon as you see water starting to flow from the hose into the T@B, stick the loose end of the hose into the water container supplying the fresh water. This container can be sitting on the ground.

I believe it is incorrect to refer to this as a gravity feed system. That is only applicable to pre Nautilus T@Bs (pre 2021 models)
    Thanks for this. The only thing I would add is on the Nautilus P3 system is to have the white handle sideways, blue handle pointing down, green handle sideways and the red doesn't matter. That was the ticket for me to finally win over the siphon fill.

2021 T@B400 BD
  • Options
    berggerbergger Moderator Posts: 1,031
    I just de-winterized yesterday and I have found that our 2021 400 12v pump generally primes if I first pressurized the lines using the city water connection.  Then switch the pump on and it usually primes right away. 
    2021 T@b 400 BD  "Vixen Gail" 
    2018 Nissan Titan Pro 4X "Big Bird"
    Leadville Colorado
  • Options
    Yea, that was what worked for me as well. I was worried about burning out the pump when it was dry so I hooked up city water till it ran out the sink and then did the prime. Presto, it worked!
    2021 T@B400 BD
  • Options
    MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,604
    @jenniferlzr & @Jake_Elwood_and_us

Would encourage you to re-read the Nautilus owners manual and/or review the information provided by TaB owners if the "Owners Manual" section of this forum . . . . expect all your answers are there . . .

'18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
  • Options
    ChrisFixChrisFix Member Posts: 725
    Yikes ! Put pressure regulator on fresh water input on the nautilus fresh water inlet hook up the hose  and let er fill, CAUTION not to overfill. Relax LOOK AT DIAGRAM  on the nautilus p3 you got this!
    You can't really overfill it - or even know that it is full until it comes out the overflow. 
    Just fill it until it starts coming out the overflow on at the bottom of the camper near the Nautilus panel.
    After two years of looking and considering...finally the proud owner of a 2021 T@B 400 Boondock!
    2023 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E with Redarc Trailer Brake Controller