Options

RVSuperbag (or I hate making my bed)

I really don’t like making the bed on my Tab 400.  It’s a lot of awkward work and the result generally disappointing.  

In searching for a solution I was initially looking at queen-sized sleeping bags and ran across the rvsuperbag.com web site.   This looks like it might work but I’ve been fooled before!   Are there others that have used this product or something similar that can share their real-life experience?

This solution is expensive but RVing isn’t an investment activity!
2021 Tab 400 Boondock, 2021 Toyota Tacoma, Juno Beach Florida

Comments

• Options
    Dutch061Dutch061 Member Posts: 765
    Take a look at this, I think there are quite a few people who have used this and like it. https://beddys.com/

We just use a fitted sheet and a loose blanket in out 400 BDL.

Brad
    2020 400 BDL aka "Boonie"
    2022 Black Series HQ19 aka "Cricket"
    2021 F-250 Tremor with PSD aka "Big Blue"
    Concord, NC 
  • Options
    rrcbovrrcbov Member Posts: 109
    Dutch061 said:
    Take a look at this, I think there are quite a few people who have used this and like it. https://beddys.com/

We just use a fitted sheet and a loose blanket in out 400 BDL.

Brad
    I did see that as well.  Thanks. 

One benefit of the RVSack I’m thinking about is that it might make access to the under bed storage more workable. 
  • Options
    jimrjjimrj Member Posts: 57
    We’ve used a Travasak queen sized sleeping bag for lots of nights in our previous trailer and now in our Tab. We like it a lot. Simple to fold it over, roll it up, secure with Velcro straps, and push into storage. I believe a Travasak and a RV Sack are similar. 
    Jim and Robin / 2021 320S / 2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk / Oregon
  • Options
    jimrj said:
    We’ve used a Travasak queen sized sleeping bag for lots of nights in our previous trailer and now in our Tab. We like it a lot. Simple to fold it over, roll it up, secure with Velcro straps, and push into storage. I believe a Travasak and a RV Sack are simila
    I read somewhere that Travasak was out of business?
  • Options
    DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,410
    We made our own.
    Fitted sheet on the bottom.
    Flat sheet on top with a 10” pocket sewn on the foot.
    Topped with a comforter that also has a 10” pocket at the foot.
    This has worked for over 4 years.
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    JeffroNCJeffroNC Member Posts: 366
    @rrcbov we have used the rv Superbag for months of travel and it works great. We cut a thin topper to match the seams in the mattresses and hold them on with crib sheets. The supper bar just flips over so we can open the bed. 
    2019 T@B 400 BDL 2017 F150 3.5L Ecoboost
    Jeff & Amy
    Now in Manistee, MI

• Options
    xdrxdr Member Posts: 261
    @Dalehelman
    I want to start sewing our bedding this week and saw that you put a 'pocket' on your bedding for the feet. What exactly do you mean by this? I'm not sure how to sew along the bottom of the bag to leave the expansion for the feet. 
    Thanks
    mer
    2021 T@b 400 BDL, 2020 Ram Rebel 1500  
    One man, one woman, two small dogs and a sense of humor.
  • Options
    DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,410
    We put our bedding over a 3” memory foam. Basically just fold the foot over 10”-12” and sew up the sides. We consider boxing the sides, but did not and it works for us. Top sheet only. We did the same with the top comforter. We were trying to prevent bedding from pulling loose at the foot. Which was our main issue.
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    RonRon Member Posts: 137
    I bought two RV&Sea queen size bags for my sailboat in 1990.  I used them on the boat for 20 years with only a few sheet replacements.  RVSuperbag now owns that company I believe.  They made me two new sets of sheets a few years ago.  These bags will last my lifetime I believe.  They make it so easy to use cushions in a RV or boat for a bed.  The seats have the end sewn together and secure with Velcro tabs around the sides.  Also, one side is for cold weather and one side is for warmer weather.  Just flip it over.
    2016 T@B MaxS, 2018 Jeep Rubicon 4dr, Rural Scottsdale, Az.
  • Options
    aphillipsaphillips Member Posts: 27
    @JeffroNC Do you have any issues with the bottom part of the superbag shifting around under you while you sleep if you have both sides unzipped? Seems like that could be an issue if nothing is anchoring it down. 
    2022 Tab 400 Boondock
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 834
    edited June 2022
    Takes me three days to put clean bedding in my 400.  :s

Day 1: remove bedding and wash
    Day 2: put on fitted sheet
    Day 3: put on top sheet and blanket. 

This is why I shower every night before bed (and again in the am) so I can limit the times I need to run the bedding triathlon.

I think i might order a beddy. Just have to see it it comes in Full XL size. 
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    aphillips said:
    @JeffroNC Do you have any issues with the bottom part of the superbag shifting around under you while you sleep if you have both sides unzipped? Seems like that could be an issue if nothing is anchoring it down. 
    I’m a solo camper so I unzip one side about half way and haven’t had any issues.   The Velcro hold the sheet in place pretty well for me.  I sleep better in my Tab than I do at home!

This solution gives me easy access to the under-bed storage that doesn’t require me to remake the bed.
  • Options
    keithk26keithk26 Member Posts: 10
    The RVSuperbag is the best accessory we have purchased for our T@B so far.

2020 T@B 320 S, 2023 GMC Acadia /w tow pkg., Twin Cities MN
  • Options
    aphillipsaphillips Member Posts: 27
    @keithk26 Does the top 1/3 of the bottom stay in place when two people are in and the sides are unzipped? I am worried it will move around under us and get all bunched up as we switch from side to back sleeping throughout the night. :) 

They are not cheap, so just making sure this is the right option for us. Everyone says they are great, so I am guessing the company has figured out all of the potential issues. 
    2022 Tab 400 Boondock
  • Options
    MarkAlMarkAl Member Posts: 459
    Since we split the bed for two twins with 8-10" between we use 2 flannel sleeping bags. They are a bit longer than needed but they roll up and store easily in back of the seats. My wife and I love the feel and the extra width and length are appreciated at night. Easy Peasy. We have them washed once or twice a season for a total of about $25 at a laundromat. Dunnock™ Cold Weather Sleeping Bag | Coleman
    Snohomish WA, 2015 Diesel Grand Cherokee
    Sm@ll World: 2021 320S Boondock, 6V Pb-acid
    Shunt, Roof & Remote solar & 30A DC-DC Chargers
    managed by VE Smart Network
  • Options
    So it seems neither rvsuper bag or beddy offers "Full XL" which is the size of our bed area and the toppers I added. I'm wondering if a queen might shift around too much.  
  • Options
    My rvsuperbag fits my Tab 400 pretty well. It is just about exactly the length from head to foot and is a few inches wider than the bed. I don’t remember what size bag I bought. 
  • Options
    JeffroNCJeffroNC Member Posts: 366
    Sorry for the late reply. Yes, the bottom layer can move but since the sheet is attached it is not a problem for us. The winter side is quite warm so we don’t need to carry any blankets. 
    Trying to put fitted sheets on is a non starter for us. Not worth the trouble. 
    Pro-Tip: wash the sheets alone. The Velcro will stick to and ruin other clothes. (Ask me how I know. 🤪)
    2019 T@B 400 BDL 2017 F150 3.5L Ecoboost
    Jeff & Amy
    Now in Manistee, MI