Options

A Bit of Fun = = = Lucy's Long Long Trailer - - inside tour

MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,596
This is somewhat off-topic but Forum has no General Discussion section.
Video Link may have been posted in the past - - - still fun to watch if you have not seen it.

Tour a 1953 New Moon vintage camper, just like the one in the movie The Long, Long Trailer.

'18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+

Comments

• Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926
    @MuttonChops, thank you for the link. Always have been fans of this movie. Our favorite part was the souvenir rock collection segment(s). I do the same thing, only NOT in the t@b! Loved the restore on the trailer. 
    Thanks, again. -Denise
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    Thanks for posting this, I had forgotten about this movie.  The trailer restoration came out grand, reminds me of my 1959 Kenskill Park model I lived in whilst I was in college.  Vintage trailers are a lot of fun…
    cheers

2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    OMG that's amazing.
    What a job!
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    Deb55Deb55 Member Posts: 293
    How can they travel with all that loose furniture? Fun tour of the trailer. My parents had a trailer in the 50s that they called the short short trailer! It was still longer than our T@B 400! 
  • Options
    homerdhomerd Member Posts: 37
    Thanks for sharing, very cool. That had to be a lot of work and love going into it!
    2022 Tab 320S Boodock
    2012 Toyota 4Runner SR5
    2013 KZ Durango 336RE
    2013 Chevrolet 2500HD LTZ Duramax
    Akron, Ohio Summer/Fall and out camping
    Largo, Florida Winter

• Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    edited June 2022
    Trailers like the Long long trailer in the movie, we’re park models, they were setup in a RV park as a vacation home or main home and left.  The loose furniture was secured during transit and setup once you got the trailer setup in the location.  They had to be connected up to city water and a sewer, no holding tanks. All the fixtures were small apartment size residential units.  

Most of these units were moved by professional trailer haler trucks, not your home car.  I had to use a 1/2-ton truck to move my 30’ Park model.  It took several hours to get one of these rigs ready to move and set back up.  They used concrete house foundation blocks with a screw jack in the block to level up and stabilize the trailer.  Then you had to make the sewer hookup with PVC pipes, not hoses, connect the wiring cable to the electrical pedestal, hooked to clearance poles in most parks, not left on the ground.  Some parks required skirts around the bottom of the trailer also, adding to the setup time.

Park models, or Vacation Mobil homes were also heavier than a travel trailer.
    Showing this trailer being used as an RV is not how they were used.  There were large self contained trailers, but these were 30-feet and less in length, in the 50s, and shrinking down in the 60s to 29-feet or so for the longer models.  
    Cheers 
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.