Do you "wash" your camper at campgrounds?

Maple_GeekMaple_Geek Member Posts: 203
Hello,

Do any of you ever "wash" your T@B at campgrounds?
I say "wash" because I wasn't thinking of using any harsh chemicals but rather some soapy water (biodegradable dish soap) to remove the bulk of the dirt that comes from travelling. I often arrive at camp sites with the T@B quite dirty from taking dirt roads (mostly the front).
I'd much prefer to enjoy a clean camper during my stays but I also don't want to spend a lot of time doing this.
Do others do this? Is it generally accepted? Do you have any environmentally products to recommend?
2022 T@B 320S Boondock
2021 Toyota RAV4 TRD Off Road
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Instagram: new.t@bventure

Comments

• berggerbergger Moderator Posts: 979
    I guess the short answer for me is no.  I only wash our 400 with soap a couple of times a summer and rinse it off a few times more.  I've never seen anyone wash a camper at a campground here in Colorado or the west.  With the water shortage in Colorado and the Southwest in general washing a camper at the campground may be frowned upon.  I suppose if the front is dirty from travel maybe take a bucket of plain water and wipe down that area to clean it up to your liking.  
    2021 T@b 400 BD  "Vixen Gail" 
    2018 Nissan Titan Pro 4X "Big Bird"
    Leadville Colorado
  • marleecampsmarleecamps Member Posts: 130
    Nope, not me.  The only cleaning I do at campgrounds involves keeping the interior relatively tidy and running a hand vac to pick up dirt and dog fur.  I might run a wet paper towel over the front window if it's really dirty to enhance my view.  At season end, I thoroughly wash and wax the exterior, and this seems to keep dust or dirt from collecting on the camper to any great extent during the season.  I hose off tree debris at home as needed.  I consider the layer of dirt on my Jeep a badge of honor.
    --Marlee
    2021 Tab400 Boondock; TV 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee; Minnesota
  • Most campgrounds specifically prohibit the washing of rv's and tow vehicles at camp and in eight years of camping, I've never seen anyone washing their RV at camp. They also usually prohibit any sort of repairs or work on rv or vehicles.  I actually wash both before I leave home before every trip unless they are calling for rain the same or next day.  
  • Maple_GeekMaple_Geek Member Posts: 203
    Thanks for the feedback everyone. I unfortunately do not have the ability to wash my camper at home and pulling in to a washing bay can be a bit difficult I would think. 

I wasn't suggesting that I would use a hose to wash down the camper. Just a bit of biodegradable soap with a small bucket of water to remove the mud that accumulates at the front. I would never do a full wash at a campground.
    2022 T@B 320S Boondock
    2021 Toyota RAV4 TRD Off Road
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Instagram: new.t@bventure
  • I think a quick bucket wash would be ok. 
  • webers3webers3 Member Posts: 404
    I only wash my 320 at self service car wash. The soap soak and high pressure rinse does a great job of cleaning it, especially the under carriage. I have not been to one campground that allows washing a camper
    2017 T@B 320S   2019 Jeep Cherokee - Southern Connecticut
  • VictoriaPVictoriaP Member Posts: 1,492
    edited June 2022
    @Maple_Geek I’m ridiculously timid about towing. There are plenty of gas stations I wouldn’t feel comfortable trying to maneuver through with the trailer. But I have yet to see a self service wash bay that I couldn’t manage. Maybe the ones I’ve been by are different than in your area? Every one I’ve seen in recent years is pull through, with plenty of turning radius on both ends for getting in and out.

Regardless a bucket wash might be OK. Just be prepared to be confronted if a ranger or camp host catches you at it, because again, it’s generally not allowed at campsites, and with good reason.
    2019 320s BD Lite, white with blue (“Haven”)
    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6r (unsafe 200lb tongue weight limit until 2020 models)
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • linolino Member Posts: 225
    I have gently cleaned some mud off but wait until I get home

But always wash and cover once home