Wall peeling in bathroom

I

I have a 2018 T@B 400 and the bathroom wall near the door is peeling away from the wood. What kind of adhesive do you all recommend I secure it with? I am thinking of peeling it off completely and putting some sort of adhesive and clamping it...anyone have a better idea? I am trying to order more of the black trim but haven't found a dealer that can get it yet.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• manyman297manyman297 Member Posts: 1,185
    If you decide to put new material up contact cement is great and should stand up to the moisture that will be present in the bathroom. 
    2021 400 BD
    2020 Tacoma TRD Off-Road 
  • Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,420
    edited August 2022
    Yea, contact cement would work.  Just need to use some small dowels to keep the two surfaces apart, whilst you line it up correctly.
     Cheers 
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • vhollowvhollow Member Posts: 71
    That black plastic C channel around the door frame is not a good choice, either in construction or as a replacement. It fractures and cracks around the hinges. I replaced mine with aluminum L channel, purchased at Home Depot. C or J channel, from a metal supply store would be even better. Somewhere on this forum others have discussed this upgrade / modification. A good metal doorframe channel, applied with clear adhesive silicone would make a good repair for you.
  • manyman297manyman297 Member Posts: 1,185
    I believe the newer models have a metal channel in lieu of the plastic. 

I had an issue with our bathroom door and Nucamp sent an entirely new door along with the replacement metal frame pieces. I never installed them as the plastic trim seems to be holding up so far. 
    2021 400 BD
    2020 Tacoma TRD Off-Road