Options

Renogy added item to my cart, what is it???

I need a new battery and opted to buy a Renogy direct from the company rather than Amazon.  But when I added my item to my shopping cart, they added "1-Click Protect - Powered by Route" to my cart, automatically, which added another $5.18 to my order.  I cannot find anything on their website explaining what this item is and, of course, they are not open on the weekend to ask.  

Has anyone ordered direct from Renogy?  Anyone know what a "1-Click Protect - Powered by Route" is?????

2018 T@B 320 S Boondock  |  2015.5 Volvo XC60 T6 AWD  |  Seattle, WA, USA
"Blessed are the curious, for they shall have adventures.”― Lovelle Drachman

Comments

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,528
    I Googled it.  It is basically insurance in case your battery gets lost, damaged or stolen in transit.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    PNWtabberPNWtabber Member Posts: 492
    I Googled it.  It is basically insurance in case your battery gets lost, damaged or stolen in transit.
    Wow, I did a search on their website, but I didn't think to google it.  Thanks, I'll check it out.  May end up back with Amazon after all.  I don't like the idea that they just automatically added that charge.

• Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,432
    edited September 2022
    I add insurance to shipping on items I sell, on high value or parts that can get lost in transit, adding insurance is standard practice.  Adding $5.18 is very inexpensive insurance, and worth the added cost.
     Cheers 
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    PNWtabberPNWtabber Member Posts: 492
    Denny16 said:
    I add insurance to shipping on items I sell, on high value or parts that can get lost in transit, adding insurance is standard practice.  Adding $5.18 is very inexpensive insurance, and worth the added cost.
     Cheers 

I don't object to having the option to add insurance, it was the fact they added it to my purchase without any explanation that bothers me.  I do most of my shopping online and have never seen this before and could not find any information on the Renogy website.

• Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,432
    edited September 2022
    Yes, I understand.  Many resellers on line that insure their shipments, just add the insurance cost to the selling price.  I have had Amazon add insurance to purchases without my selecting it.  Depends on the seller, I guess.  
    Cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    rcuomorcuomo Member Posts: 319
    I was able to remove that charge on their website when I recently bought my Renogy LiFePO battery. 
    ‘18 Tab 320S- mfg’d 4/17, acquired 9/17
    Spare & bike rack on tongue, Renogy 100w suitcase connection, cargo & door nets, sway bar, wired rear camera, Norcold aux fan, front window protection, frame mounted sewer & water hose storage, Krieger 1500w inverter w/100Ah LIFePO4.
    ‘17 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E- 5000# tow cap, 600# tongue cap
    ‘20 Honda Pilot Elite- 5000# tow cap, 500# tongue cap
    Huntington LI
  • Options
    bteljusbteljus Member Posts: 2
    I recently purchased a 100 Ah Renogy LiFePO battery. It was shipped through FedEX. The box never arrived. The tracking number said it did, but yet no battery. Renogy shipped another battery without question. My guess is this isn’t the first time, and don’t expect FedEX to make it right. 
  • Options
    gulfareagulfarea Member Posts: 507
    A fedEX driver here in Mobile Al was caught throwing all his delivery's into the woods! One of the packages WAS MINE!  I have had better luck with Amazon and UPS. Art
    2019 TaB 320 S Boondock Edge