Options

2022 T@b CS-S lithium battery

I am considering changing out my battery to a lithium battery. I need to know if the 2022 models have a charge controller lithium compatible.
I am trying to learn about the lithium batteries and what is needed for them to work properly. I do have a solar panel on the trailer so I am assuming that my converter is geared for solar. The dealer installed or wet cell battery which I am not comfortable with. Anyway exploring my options.

Comments

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,531
    Your 2022 CSS should have the lithium compatible converter.  You may have a converter with a switch or the WFCO 8735-AD model which automatically detects the battery type.  If you install lithium, you will need to change your Victron solar charge controller to the lithium setting.  (The converter deals with A/C power and has no bearing on the solar panels or controller which is connected to the battery.)

Look for the red labeled switch

OR it may look like this.  Check your manuals to confirm your converter model.

Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    KCarlsonKCarlson Member Posts: 3

I want to share how happy we are with our new 200AH Lithium Iron Battery. We have a 2022 320S Boondock. Luckily, the Converter is Lithium ready. We don't live in the snow, so we put it in the outside compartment where the woefully inadequate lead-acid battery was - just remove the stock plastic battery box. Also, because we are Coastal, we got a Marine Grade Battery - in a plastic, waterproof  box instead of metal. We have watched a bunch of YouTube videos where Will Sprouse explains lithium batteries, tears them apart and gives you his evaluation of the quality. We bought his recommended SOK 200AH Lithium Iron Battery (Marine grade) from Current Connected. This company will also walk us through (on Facetime) how to install a battery Shunt - which will tell us exactly how many Amp Hours are left on the battery. The Battery fits easily in the compartment. Here's pictures of how we mounted it to stay put. I wanted a rubber gasket underneath, so we cut down a Cuisinart appliance rubber mat we got at a garage sale. We drilled in 4 angle brackets for a snug fit, and added 2 D-Rings to strap it down. It took a lot of thought, and reading endless Forum Posts, but we came up with a simple solution that we could do with parts from the hardware store, a drill and screws. The trickiest thing was identifying the positive battery wires, since they are green. But it's actually simple - the positive wires have Fuses on them. Make sure the Battery Switch is OFF, AND pull the fuse on the Solar wire inside by the Converter. (The Solar is separately connected to the battery.) We disconnected the SAE wire until we decide how to use it. We just got back from a 4 night trip. The first 24 hours rained, then we got Solar which easily topped the battery off. We were able to run the Fridge all the time!!! At night we turn it down to 2, just to practice frugality, but frankly 3 keeps everything very cold, and the freezer works too. So I say Battleborn Shmattleborn and Lyons Shmyons! This SOK 200AH Marine Grade cost $1,029.!!! Total with Tax and shipping = $1,154.18. WE'VE GOT THE POWER!!! YOU CAN TOO! AT HALF THE PRICE!!