Options

New Bike Rack

Finally decided on a bike rack arrangement.  I bought the Swagman Traveler XC2 (RV Approved) and bought the 90 degree riser separately.  I was worried about the turn radius...but never had a problem on my initial trip.  I think it might hit the propane tub if I 'jack-knifed' it backing up on a decline.  But it's so easy to use that I would just remove the bike if I was in that situation.  It's easy to load for a 'vertically-challenged' person like me.  The down-sides:  I cannot open the tailgate of my truck fully when it's in place and you have to remove the hitch mount to remove the riser bar.

Comments

• Options
    subkronsubkron Member Posts: 149
    @Basil48192
    Which 90 degree riser did you use for this?
    2022 T@B 400 Boondock
    2015 RAM 1500 Outdoorsman Quad Cab
    South Jersey
  • Options
    Basil48192Basil48192 Member Posts: 266
    @subkron
    It was from Swagman as well.  The XCS2 Towing Bent Tube. 
  • Options
    rcuomorcuomo Member Posts: 319
    Can you show another picture how the bent tube is attached to the receiver?  Thanks 
    ‘18 Tab 320S- mfg’d 4/17, acquired 9/17
    Spare & bike rack on tongue, Renogy 100w suitcase connection, cargo & door nets, sway bar, wired rear camera, Norcold aux fan, front window protection, frame mounted sewer & water hose storage, Krieger 1500w inverter w/100Ah LIFePO4.
    ‘17 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E- 5000# tow cap, 600# tongue cap
    ‘20 Honda Pilot Elite- 5000# tow cap, 500# tongue cap
    Huntington LI
  • Options
    kevenvkevenv Member Posts: 27
    @rcuomo it looks like it just slides over the receiver tube and fastened so it does not move around.

• Options
    Thanks I have the same carrier and I have to see if I have enough of space on my receiver without compromising the hitch capacity. 
    Spare & bike rack on tongue, Renogy 100w suitcase connection, cargo & door nets, sway bar, wired rear camera, Norcold aux fan, front window protection, frame mounted sewer & water hose storage, Krieger 1500w inverter w/100Ah LIFePO4.
    Huntington LI
  • Options
    @rcuomo
    Yes.  It just slides over the receiver tube.  It has two, 1/2"Ø nuts welded to the bottom.  A couple of bolts are threaded through the nuts and basically 'clamp' the riser to the receiver tube.  It's pretty secure.  I used longer, all-thread bolt on the right so I could add a locknut as well (will change the other one when I get back to the hardware store!).  The U-bolt to the right is just my hitch tightener...which is a game-changer. 
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    What brand receiver tube are you using? It looks to be longer than the standard length I’m using on my Ridgeline.

Huntington LI
  • Options
    @rcuomo
    It's a Curt as well.  4" Drop, 13" between the ball and pin.
  • Options
    Darn, looked on their website and didn’t see it before I asked you. Have to dig deeper. Thanks!
    Huntington LI
  • Options
    FreespiritFreespirit Member Posts: 131
    @Basil48192, I picked up on your comment “ The U-bolt to the right is just my hitch tightener...which is a game-changer” and did some research. I must say I did not know such a thing existed. Thanks for the subtle information as it was a game changer for me as well.  Purchased one installed it and towing seems smoother and much quieter. I rank this as my best $13.00 purchase/upgrade to date. 

Thanks for sharing 
    2020 TAB 320 U
    TV 2022 Highlander
  • Options
    bfeenybfeeny Member Posts: 24
    I've been using the Swagman XCS2 for over 2 years on my 2018 CS-S  with a 10" tow bar. Very happy with the carrier. Had a minor warranty issue with the hitch and Swagman promptly looked after the problem. A very good company with quality products.