Yellow trimmed 320S

zappazappa Member Posts: 3
edited January 2023 in Modifications & Upgrades
Hi, I'm looking to buy a yellow trimmed 2016 300s.  Lots of nice freebies come with, tent that attached to camper, luan table, maxfann, well cared for 18k.  But, I am not happy with the bright lemon yellow trim (even comes with matching window awnings).  I wonder if it is possible to paint these in a way that would be durable and not start chipping off immediately.  Anyone?

Comments

• dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,916
    @zappa the answer is yes. There are special plasticized paints available, some in spray can form, that can be very successful in long term adhesion on the vinyl and trim pieces. Several of our members have painted their trim, etc and years later, by their reports, the repaint (change of color) is stll in good shape. Maybe some of those people will chime in with their information about paint types and prep steps.

Btw, welcome to the forum. Hope you are soon Happy T@bbing!
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • zappazappa Member Posts: 3
    thank you.  that gives me hope.  I'd love to learn what brand/specs for that paint.  
  • Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,350
    I painted all my exterior trim pieces in light grey to match my factory trim color.  I used the following paint (but in grey):
    https://www.summitracing.com/parts/rll-211338?seid=srese2

I've noticed several areas of the paint flaking off the plastic trim pieces.  I would NOT recommend this paint for painting a significant area of factory trim.

2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.
  • rfuss928rfuss928 Member Posts: 909
    edited January 2023
    When we purchased our T@B CS in 2010 we searched nationwide for months to find anything available.  We would have never ordered yellow but the one we found was exactly what we wanted in every other way.  We were buying camping equipment and the esthetics were not that significant to us.  I made excuses for the color months after words to folks that were interested.  Soon it grew on us and we embraced its uniqueness.  Just sayin...

• MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    Krylon Fusion or Rustoleum for Plastic. I painted mine 15 years ago, and recoated it about 7 years ago. Does well

Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL
  • kottumkottum Member Posts: 226
    I would look to find one in a color I liked.  There's nothing special about that year Tab or it's price.
    Douglas and Cheryl both Navy Retired
    2022 Tab 320s Boondock/2021 Honda Ridgeline BE
    Minnesota and Arizona