Options

Inside of door - small utility crossbar

Has anyone used something similar to this on the inside of their camper door?  I have a 2016 Tab Max S. btw.
Terry & Jody...  2016 Dodge Ram 1500
2016 NuCamp 320 T@B Max S
T@bbey  Road   
Appleton,  WI

Comments

• Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926
    @TerryV6 can you post a better picture of the bar? The image is incredibly small and trying to enlarge it to see what you are referring to just makes it blurry and indistinct. Thanks.
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    VictoriaPVictoriaP Member Posts: 1,494
    Without being able to see it better, I can’t say much. But thinking over all the door mods I’ve seen for the older generation 320, they’re all meant for pretty lightweight stuff (think about Dale’s half baskets holding paper plates). So if the intended purpose to hold a kitchen towel, it’d probably be fine as long as you follow his basket install tips.

But if you’re looking to install it as a handle or secondary lock of some sort, anything where weight or leverage comes into play? The door doesn’t have anything solid to screw into, so I can’t see that working well.

Will be watching this thread for more details, I’m intrigued!
    2019 320s BD Lite, white with blue (“Haven”)
    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6r (unsafe 200lb tongue weight limit until 2020 models)
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • Options
    TerryV6TerryV6 Member Posts: 1,092

well, we already have some webbing to put stuff into, but I was thinking of a lightweight towel holder.  Or perhaps a place to hang my dirty socks...  :)
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

• Options
    Winter has always been a time to think about adding stuff eh?
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

• Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926
    @TerryV6 not judging about the socks, but not sure about the door mount idea. Like @VictoriaP, I am intrigued. Yes, cabin fever can get the wheels spinning, sometimes in mysterious ways.

Watching the weather in the midwest as we are wintering in Tucson. Now may be the time to consider mods and changes, but with windchills in the -25 to -50°F approaching this upcoming weekend stay safe and warm. -Denise
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    We do have some more cold weather on the way.  In a month or so, we will probably bring our baby back out of storage and park it on the left side in the drive.  We like to use it as our reading room during the day.  If you have it nice and toasty, it is much like a childhood clubhouse..
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI