Options

New 2022 T@B 400 pricing sanity check (has exterior damage)

Hi there, we're excited to purchase our first trailer and have a pricing question.

Our local dealer in Longmont CO has one 2022 T@B 400 BD left on the lot that sustained some damage at a recent RV show. Sadly, someone at the show was banging a broom to remove snow on the back of the trailer and made about 12+ dents:

They're kinda hard to see in the picture but they look a lot like the hail damage we have on our truck. It's also got a few scratches on the cabinets from the "love" it received as a display model (might come off with a magic eraser). While the damage isn't a big deal to us, we're concerned about resale value and getting a fair deal.

Anyhow, they're offering the 2022 T@B 400 BD at $39K. A new 2023 T@B 400 BD is only $3k more. A 2023 T@B 320s BD is $33K, which is another option we're considering.

What do you all think on this pricing?

(Thanks in advance for your help - just joined this forum and been soaking up all the incredible advice. What a thoughtful and knowledgable group this is!)
2023 T@B 320 S Boondock
2011 Toyota Tacoma 4WD + tow package
Longmont Colorado

Comments

• Options
    RayJimRayJim Member Posts: 129
    Looks like the Stargazer Window is the old style prone to failure, and it has dents, I would not pay $39, 0000.
    2021 T@B Boondock 400. 2021 Toyota SR5 V6
  • Options
    djaikodjaiko Member Posts: 12
    @RayJim Is this the Stargazer Window issue you're talking about? Is this something that's been addressed in the 2023's? (I searched the forum but I'm not sure)
    2023 T@B 320 S Boondock
    Longmont Colorado
  • Options
    Yes, that my window in the picture! I am on my 3rd window in the back and 3rd window in the front.
  • Options
    Yes, they have a new hinge on the window now, I think it is metal someone posted a picture let me see if i can find it and post it. 
  • Options
    berggerbergger Moderator Posts: 1,007
    Pass on that trailer.  Call Holiday RV in Poncha Springs.  They are a great dealer, much better than Windish if that is where you are looking.  I bought ours at Windish but use Holiday as my dealer now that we live in the mountains.  Anyway Holiday RV has a 2022 400 that has been on the lot for quite a while and I believe they have several 2023s as well.  I'd call them to see the best price they'll give you.  I haggled the heck out of Windish and got the price way down.  Never pay the list price or take their first offer.  Good luck.  
    2021 T@b 400 BD  "Vixen Gail" 
    2018 Nissan Titan Pro 4X "Big Bird"
    Leadville Colorado
  • Options
    @bergger Well hello neighbor - nice to meet you! Thanks for the tip - I will def give them a call over at Holiday RV. Will let you know how it goes! 
    2023 T@B 320 S Boondock
    Longmont Colorado
  • Options
    VictoriaPVictoriaP Member Posts: 1,493
    Just saw a video on YouTube recently talking about the current situation/forecast for the RV industry (much lower expectations than the last few) & seeing many comments on it detailing the deals people have gotten recently, that offer is a very bad deal. Most dealers have full lots right now, so there’s room to negotiate. Keep in mind also that 2024 models are not far off, and dealers will need to move older units to make room for new ones. 
    2019 320s BD Lite, white with blue (“Haven”)
    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6r (unsafe 200lb tongue weight limit until 2020 models)
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • Options
    djaiko said:
    @bergger Well hello neighbor - nice to meet you! Thanks for the tip - I will def give them a call over at Holiday RV. Will let you know how it goes! 
    Lets us know what you end up doing.
    Leadville Colorado
  • Options
    Thanks @VictoriaP that’s really helpful info. I will keep that in mind as we negotiate 👍

@bergger I talked to Dean over at Holiday RV and he said he’ll get back to me later with some numbers. I’ll let you know when I hear back.

Thanks for all your help!
    2023 T@B 320 S Boondock
    Longmont Colorado
  • Options
    Well, we put a deposit down today on a different model - a 2023 T@B 320S BD. Turns out we can't fit the 400 in the place we're storing it but the 320 fits perfectly. And after much research here, we were a tad worried about towing the 400 with our 2011 V6 Tacoma + tow package over 10K+ feet here in Colorado (thanks @bergger - your posts as well as others' were so helpful). I'm sure we could do it but probably would be better with 875 lbs less dry weight.

Plus we are backpackers that have lived in very small quarters over the years so the small size doesn't bother us (we're short!) And we're very excited about the cassette toilet.

We took your advice @VictoriaP and did get better second offers after some calling around and negotiating. Didn't end up purchasing in Poncha Springs because they didn't call us back or send the info they promised after several days. When we called a second time, they said I must have called someone else the first time (not possible, I wrote down the name) and then failed to send the info again. Oh well. In the end, we found a better deal with a different dealer so it's all good.

Now we have to get ready for a walkthrough and to tow off the lot in a week or so... will be reading through this forum for your seasoned advice. Thank you all - you rock!! Excited to join this community :)
    2023 T@B 320 S Boondock
    Longmont Colorado
  • Options
    HoriganHorigan Member Posts: 614
    How exciting!  Now time to research all the brake controller threads, unless you have one already... ;)
    Rich
    2019 T@b 400
    2013 Toyota Highlander 3.5L V6
    Bellingham WA
  • Options
    @Horigan thanks! Yes, I’m researching brake controllers now, probably going with a Redarc. We’re lucky to have a good friend who is a Tacoma enthusiast with lots of towing experience and he’s advising us on selection and installation. 
    2023 T@B 320 S Boondock
    Longmont Colorado
  • Options
    FreespiritFreespirit Member Posts: 131
    Lots of great brake controllers out there, if you have not you may want to check out Autoebrake brake controller. Love ours. 
    2020 TAB 320 U
    TV 2022 Highlander
  • Options
    Congrats on the new trailer!!
    Leadville Colorado