Options

Another 320 S in Colorado

djaikodjaiko Member Posts: 12
Hi all,

On Thursday, my husband Nate and I finally came home with our new 2023 T@B 320 S that we've been dreaming about for gosh, a couple of years now. It was our first time towing so we were a bit nervous, but our Tacoma did great pulling our shiny new camper down the bumpy dirt roads in our neighborhood.

The responsibilities of running a family business and looking after our goats and chickens, not to mention the pandemic, have kept us close to home for too long. Now we're itching to get out and explore farther than just the mountains in our backyard - this cool little trailer is going to get us there! Our first big trip will be in early May - heading to Great Sand Dunes National Park, then to Santa Fe with Nate's folks and our dog Ima. Before we head out, will definitely be doing a few local overnights along Peak to Peak Highway to test out our rig.

Over the past few days, I've been hanging out in the T@B parked behind the barn drinking morning tea, researching future travels and reading this forum to make sure we have everything we need. This morning, the CO2 alarm went off and I just about flew out of my seat...a bit of reading on the forum makes me think it was just some new trailer off-gassing since the propane isn't even open, let alone in use. Now I've got the windows open and fan on to accelerate that process.

While these nuCamp teardrops are pretty awesome in many ways, this supportive, enthusiastic community also played a big part in us deciding to go with this trailer. Thanks again for answering our questions and sharing your T@B knowledge! You rock 🙌 Any advice or tips are appreciated and welcome 😊

Alison

2023 T@B 320 S Boondock
2011 Toyota Tacoma 4WD + tow package
Longmont Colorado

Comments

• Options
    gulfareagulfarea Member Posts: 507
    You are going to love it and your travels! Art
    2019 TaB 320 S Boondock Edge
  • Options
    scott14scott14 Member Posts: 134
    edited April 2023
    Congratulations!  I agree, you will love towing, camping, and using your 320!  They are awesome rigs!
    Scott / 2022 T@B 320S / 2019 T@B 400 / 2015 Chevrolet Tahoe LTZ / Northern Illinois
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,509
    Congrats!  Great Sand Dunes NP is very unique.  Enjoy!
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    SlackersSlackers Member Posts: 419
    Enjoy the Outback and the Sand Dunes, just stay off of Dunes when the wind is picking up--unless you are looking for an exfoliation! 
    2019 Tab 320 CSS, 2019 Ranger TV, OH
  • Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926
    @djaiko congratulations on your trailer!. Thanks for the pic. If you have a driveway and don't have HOA or municipal restrictions, spend a few nights driveway camping. It's a great way to become more familiar with the technology and systems in your rig and to get more comfortable with the  t@b environment. Test everything. Locate everything. Should you have questions or need assistance, things are easier to handle at home where you access to stuff you may need and can readily inquire of the experience and expertise in this forum.

Enjoy and happy t@bbing!
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    djaikodjaiko Member Posts: 12
    Thanks @dragonsdofly - we are absolutely going to take your advice. We actually are lucky enough to have room on our farm to park our T@B and use it pugged into shore power and on battery only. We're going to test all the systems we can without de-winterizing with some overnights. We also have easy access to a full hookups campground about 15 minutes away where we can practice backing in and using hookups once the weather allows de-winterizing.
    2023 T@B 320 S Boondock
    2011 Toyota Tacoma 4WD + tow package
    Longmont Colorado
  • Options
    berggerbergger Moderator Posts: 1,010
    Congrats! You're going to have so much fun with the new trailer.  We love the Sand Dunes.  If you get a chance drive down the sand road and check out the free campsites in the Preserve area.  I've camped there a few times, though it's been many years.  You can usually drive down the road quite a ways before you have to worry about any of the crazy Spring run off water crossings.  But certainly don't take the T@b!   
    2021 T@b 400 BD  "Vixen Gail" 
    2018 Nissan Titan Pro 4X "Big Bird"
    Leadville Colorado
  • Options
    Richard_RRichard_R Member Posts: 38
    Welcome from another newbie just down the road in Erie! We had our first excursion this past weekend in St. Vrain State Park. It was great except for the 30+ mph crosswinds coming up county line road. Nothing like trial by fire, but the rig performed magnificently. Happy trails!
    — Richard R.
    Front Range of Colorado
    2023 TAB 400 Boondock
    2022 GMC Canyon
    2023 F150 Hybrid (PowerBoost drivetrain)