Options

Time to go

RadRad Member Posts: 516
The T@B has sold.  I hand a handful of people in line for it but the first couple that looked at it bought it.  No surprise, it was/is flawless

I have enjoyed the forum, what a great group and great group of moderators.

When we have a slightly bigger rig and are in camp we will come by and say hi if we see a T@B.  I promise we won't be zombies and ask for a tour.

Thanks again

Conrad

Comments

• Options
    PlaycPlayc Member Posts: 234
    Best wishes and luck.
    2015 S Sofitel, Austin/Houston
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Hey, Rad!  You can stick around. It is not a requirement that you own a T@B or LG for you to share your advice and to pick on PXLated!
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    thanks for the nice comments

Check this out.  The very nice couple who purchased Sm@lls are from out of town, a long drive away, so they made reservations about 20 minutes away from us up in the Redwoods.  I set them up with everything they needed and they had a TV full of fresh Amazon purchases, like we all do, with plates etc. It was very cute.

They were so excited, their first trailer. He was no stranger to towing having towed ski boats for years so they had that end well covered.

An hour after they left I get a text with just two words
                  "Thank you!!"
    and a pic from their first camp

• Options
    RollingLagrimaRollingLagrima Member Posts: 435
    edited August 2015
    So awesome Rad. Life is weird. We are thrown together in this wacky wordly experience under the weirdest circumstances and sometimes, it feels like it was just meant to be...carry on :)
    Sally, "PlaT@Bus" 2016 T@B Sofitel Maxx-S (plata=silver; SP), previously Little Guy 2014 Silver Shadow LE, TV -- 2013 Chevy Avalanche + two hounds.
  • Options
    Verna said:
    Hey, Rad!  You can stick around. It is not a requirement that you own a T@B or LG for you to share your advice and to pick on PXLated!
    Pick on PLX, I like that.  You know that dog drove right through my town, two turns from my house,  and did he stop to say hi?......NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll get um'
  • Options
    Go get 'em!  Hopefully I can meet some of you guys on the West Coast and Southwest this winter. I won't have to worry about it getting too cold with the Alde ;).

Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    bgualtieribgualtieri Member Posts: 272
    Let us know when you're at Lost Dutchman and we'll run out and bring cinnamon rolls. It's less than an hour from our house
    2015 T@b S Max | 2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited | was PHX East Valley, now Dallas!
  • Options
    Let us know when you're at Lost Dutchman and we'll run out and bring cinnamon rolls. It's less than an hour from our house
    Now that's what I'm talk' about!

How did you know my weakness? It is not ice cream, it is not chocolate, its pastry and cookies and yes.......cinnamon rolls!
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Two blocks? I was that close? Yes I do deserve to be picked on!
    Sorry bought that - This winter I'll stop to see your new rig - Last winter I had obligations.
  • Options
    Lost Dutchman, east of Phoenix?  Is it a nice camp ground?

We need a place to stay if Val and I go to Spring Training this year, we have not been for a few years.  Last time we stayed in a KOA in Black Rock..........Not one of my faves.  
  • Options
    Remind me!  I'll be there first in mid-January, soon after I get there. I want to hike part way up the mountain this time.
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    Rad - I stayed up on Lake Pleasant NW of Phoenix on my way thru - County Parks up high looking down of the water. Nice parks.
  • Options
    OzT@bOzT@b Member Posts: 39
    Hey Rad, don't be a stranger....I have always enjoyed reading your comments, or should I say words of wisdom.
  • Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    Verna said:
      Particularlyto pick on PXLated :-D

Please do sick around, tell us about your adventures, continue with your great advice.  I would love to hear about your new rig, even if it is not a T@B.

In the end we are all campers, we just have different needs, but still enjoy the great outdoors.

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • Options
    bgualtieribgualtieri Member Posts: 272
    edited August 2015
    Yeah. Lost Dutchman is very nice, especially in the spring it is a riot of desert wild flowers. The state park is beautiful and not crowded. There's water and electric and the bath houses are nice. It's a straight shot 30 minute drive into Tempe on Apache Blvd. 

2015 T@b S Max | 2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited | was PHX East Valley, now Dallas!
  • Options
    kybobkybob Member Posts: 232
    Once a T@Ber, always a T@Ber. You just don't up and leave a cult!
    2018 Outback S, Silver/Black - 2015 Silver Honda Pilot 4WD - Florence, KY

• Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Well, finally catching up after boondocking and see this news. Let us know what you end up getting!

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    jkjenn said:
    Well, finally catching up after boondocking and see this news. Let us know what you end up getting!
    Jenn I thought about you during my non stop Internet RV search.  Particularly in regards to a closet, yup we will have one.  Not that in any way that was a decider but it does provide me a place to keep my guitar so we are not stepping around it or always having to move it.

We went with a Casita Spirit Deluxe.  It is small, yet it can have a full time bed and a separate seating area, standing headroom and pretty darn big tank capacities for such a small rig.

Two selling points for me were the business model and huge very active supportive forum.
    They have no dealers, no middleman mark up, they also have a responsive main company.  Warranty work can be done anywhere.  

The forum has an amazing quantity of support and how to help and speciality made upgrades just for the rig.

It lacks the interior charm of the T@B, but we spent some time in one and felt very comfortable.

How you see one, the factory gives you a list of participating owners in your area and they gladly show off their rig to you.  They also get a $200 check from Casita if you end up buying one.

I will miss your posts, I always have enjoyed them

Conrad

• Options
    See lots of Cacitas out there - There must have been two dozen in one group when I passed thru Quartzite - You'll have to fly a special flag (music related would be good) so we know which one's you.