Options

Fan Now Makes Noise

kellywkellyw Member Posts: 56
Hello! I was just out cleaning and prepping our 2021 Tab 400 for another trip and our ceiling fan is making a lot of new noise it didn’t make on the last trip a month ago. I thought maybe a bug or leaf was stuck between the blades and screen but took screen off and nothing there. With cover screen off it doesn’t make the weird noise. With cover screen on it does however when I push up on the edges of the screen it stops. It’s almost like the fan has warped? Is that possible? We keep in garage but left it out in front of garage since we had another trip planned so soon and I wanted to give it a good scrubbing before leaving on the next adventure. Any ideas of how to fix the scrapping noise? I don’t see any wear and rare on the round screen cover either. It’s a puzzler! TIA. 
2021 T@B 400 Boondock White/White; TV: 2020 Honda Ridgeline 
2015 T@B Sofitel Silver/Silver;  TV: 2011 Honda Pilot
Maryland's Eastern Shore - Ravens, Crabs, Bohs & O's!

Traveling with Violet Bean, most of the time...

Comments

• Options
    BrianZBrianZ Member Posts: 1,763
    We sometimes have an issue like that, and I just rotate it a bit until I find a spot without the scraping noise.
    -Brian in Chester, Virginia
    TV: 2005 Toyota Sienna LE (3.3L V6)
    RV: 2018 T@B 320S, >100 mods 
  • Options
    qhumberdqhumberd Member Posts: 471
    This happened in our 2019 400 in the bath fan and I found that the mounts for the fan motor had vibrated loose and broken (they were plastic). The main fan is better made (I assume that is the fan to which you are referring) but it would be worth a good inspection of the mounting and blades to make sure a plastic part is not loose and wobbling. BTW we replaced that bath fan with a Maxxfan and wish we had that as our main fan too. It's so much quieter.

2019  T@B400 Boondock Lite "Todd"

2016 Toyota Tundra 5.7 Crew Cab
  • Options
    Thank you both! I will try all of the above and see if those work. Much appreciated. 

• Options
    BinghiBinghi Member Posts: 271
    We gave up on the OEM Fantastic Fan last year - replaced it with a much superior Maxxfan.
    2021 400 BD / 2016 VW Touareg / Austin, TX
  • Options
    Binghi said:
    We gave up on the OEM Fantastic Fan last year - replaced it with a much superior Maxxfan.
    I thought about replacing it at one point but I’m not really bothered by the standard level of noise when it’s just on at night, and didn’t see any other benefit, but I’m a heavy sleeper. Not sure if the different speeds would be useful or not. In the end I figured I could always do the swap out if this one stops working completely. The one that drives me nuts is the little bathroom fan! So loud I tend not to leave that one running if I’m not in there. 

• Options
    qhumberdqhumberd Member Posts: 471
    Not sure if you have the older bath fan versus the round fan in the bath @kellyw , but here was my semi successful work on the bath fan and the first pics show the broken mounts. If you decide to or have to change the bath fan don't get the model I did; it works great but its not the right thickness for a T@B roof.

Best wishes

https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/15653/2019-t-b-400-bath-fan-replaced-with-maxxfan-4301k-that-is-too-tall-for-the-roof#latest

2019  T@B400 Boondock Lite "Todd"

2016 Toyota Tundra 5.7 Crew Cab