Options

What is it?

2022 T@B 400 Boondock. 

Dewinterized last week and am camping now, water and electric hookups, water pressure is only 30 psi.  Noticed a drip from the trim along the left rear just forward of the exterior storage door.  Thought it was leftover rain from the previous day but seeing that it was still dripping after a day without rain, I started poking around.  Storage area is damp on the floor, middle under bed storage has a damp floor and then I saw this dripping, what is it?  I tightened up the clear plastic cover and the leak seems to have stopped but is there anything I can do to prevent it from loosening back up?  Is it a common issue? Thank you.

Colin 

2022 T@B 400 BD, with 2-way refrigerator and AllPro Awning
TV is a 2021 Honda Passport Elite w/ transmission cooler and Redarc Liberty Trailer Brake Controller

Comments

• Options
    Maple_GeekMaple_Geek Member Posts: 203
    I believe the highlited part is the filter at the intake of the water pump. It may have been loose to begin with. I doubt it would come loose over time but you never know I guess. There's a lot of vibration in our campers when we travel.
    2022 T@B 320S Boondock
    2021 Toyota RAV4 TRD Off Road
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Instagram: new.t@bventure
  • Options
    scott14scott14 Member Posts: 132
    The item circled is a filter on the water pump.  The filter should be cleaned occasionally by removing it and washing it.  I have done it multiple times on both a 320S and our current 400.  For me, hand tightening only, seems to do the trick and keeps things dry.  Over tightening the plastic fitting may cause it to crack and leak.
    Scott / 2022 T@B 320S / 2019 T@B 400 / 2015 Chevrolet Tahoe LTZ / Northern Illinois
  • Options
    Hoogie69Hoogie69 Member Posts: 31
    Thanks guys.  All appears to be good right now but I’ll keep an eye on it as I don’t know why it loosened up.  I’ll also have to set up a fan on the storage areas when I get home so they get completely dry.

2022 T@B 400 BD, with 2-way refrigerator and AllPro Awning
    TV is a 2021 Honda Passport Elite w/ transmission cooler and Redarc Liberty Trailer Brake Controller
  • Options
    JohninMissouriJohninMissouri Member Posts: 28
      Retired now, but when I was working had several of this type of pump in my work trucks to pump water for pesticide applications.   I just used small wrench to get the plastic filter cap a little tighter.  Not so tight as to crack them.   They never come loose during miles of driving.  This is a common part and if need be easily sourced for replacement.   Always took them completely off in the winter and drained the system. 
  • Options
    Basil48192Basil48192 Member Posts: 261
    I read (somewhere) that these caps sometimes develop small fractures that can leak.  I ordered a few spares from Amazon to keep in my T@B tool kit.  
  • Options
    scott14scott14 Member Posts: 132
    edited July 2023
    @Basil48192, great idea to have extras on hand.  I think I will add some to my tool kit.  Thank you!
    Scott / 2022 T@B 320S / 2019 T@B 400 / 2015 Chevrolet Tahoe LTZ / Northern Illinois