Options

Replacing Jensen Television

Resa_tabResa_tab Member Posts: 7
edited July 2023 in Modifications & Upgrades
Has anyone replaced their existing Jensen tv with another, non rv brand. I have a 2022 tab 400 bd.  I am looking at a 32” smart (fire) insignia (Best Buy) tv that has three HDMI ports.   Big questions are max weight on the wall mount, non 12v system (I think this is a big proven), and compatibility with Jensen sound system. Thanks!  

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2023
  • Options
    AnOldURAnOldUR Member Posts: 1,290
    edited July 2023
    Replaced the Jensen TV with a Samsung 27" monitor. It's not heavy, but I replaced the mount with something more rigid. We use it to stream from a Fire Stick, iPhone or DVD player through the HDMI port. The 27" take up the wall behind the bath. I would think that anything bigger would stick out.

edit: Should have noticed that this is for a 400 (not a 320), so not very relevant to you.

Stockton, New Jersey
    2020 nuCamp T@B 320S * Jeep Wrangler

• Options
    gulfareagulfarea Member Posts: 507
    You also want a 12 volt one as I live in a hurricane area on the coast would not be without a 12 volt one. Art
    2019 TaB 320 S Boondock Edge
  • Options
    AnOldURAnOldUR Member Posts: 1,290
    gulfarea said:
    You also want a 12 volt one as I live in a hurricane area on the coast would not be without a 12 volt one. Art

My Samsung came with a 14V power supply, but operates fine wired directly to the T@B's LiFePO4 batteries.
    Stockton, New Jersey
    2020 nuCamp T@B 320S * Jeep Wrangler

• Options
    SLJSLJ Member Posts: 451
    I put two Samsungs in my motorhome that ran on 12 volts. Look for the ones with the power brick on the cord. The back of the TV where the power cord plugs in should say 14V but they ran fine on the 12 volt RV battery system.
    2021 T@B 320 S Boondock
    2023 Ford Maverick XLT
    The Finger Lakes of New York
  • Options
    Thanks. I’m glad there are options. 
  • Options
    MarcelineMarceline Member Posts: 1,505
    SLJ said:
    I put two Samsungs in my motorhome that ran on 12 volts. Look for the ones with the power brick on the cord. The back of the TV where the power cord plugs in should say 14V but they ran fine on the 12 volt RV battery system.
    Interesting. And people might also want to note that these days it’s easier find monitors under 42” than TVs, if you don’t need the tuner. 
    San Francisco Bay Area
    2013 CS-S us@gi
    Battered but trusty 3.5l V6 Hyundai Santa Fe
    2015 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Double Cab
  • Options
    CapthavocCapthavoc Member Posts: 14
    Just put in 24 inch LG smart tv, fits in same space.  19 volt d/c from brick but cheap d/c booster runs it well.  Used the optical input adapted to rca for dvd from Jensen.  Bluetooth sound to Jensen works well.