Options

Gas mileage

2»

Comments

• Options
    MickerlyMickerly Member Posts: 355
    edited September 2023
     This gave me a 18% increase in range, about 3mpg. The problem is the undercut front of the trailer and the air from the top of the tow vehicle getting trapped between and forced under the trailer. It does look like it from the Wild, Wild West, but it works.  

2018 320CS-S
    "Just Enough"
  • Options
    MickerlyMickerly Member Posts: 355
    By the way, all the bounciness and wiggles are gone. The trailer pulls very nicely and quietly.
    2018 320CS-S
    "Just Enough"
  • Options
    nbrandtnbrandt Member Posts: 63
    Would it be possible for you to share a picture of exactly what your VG looks like and how it was mounted?  I am for anything that helps this - have not liked the dust and the mpg gain would be a plus. 
    Thank you!

• Options
    pakpak Member Posts: 115
    Nbrandt, check your email.
  • Options
    MarkAlMarkAl Member Posts: 459
    After reading this post earlier I was thinking of building a deflector for my Grand Cherokee to more bridge the gap where the air wants to go down. This looks simpler. On my list is to get a streamline modeling sw (hopefully free) to work on various bridges to eliminate the drop at highway speeds.
    Snohomish WA, 2015 Diesel Grand Cherokee
    Sm@ll World: 2021 320S Boondock, 6V Pb-acid
    Shunt, Roof & Remote solar & 30A DC-DC Chargers
    managed by VE Smart Network
  • Options
    MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    I just got some awesome gas mileage on a recent trip. 21 F-150 3.5 Ecoboost, Max Tow Package, 2WD, ARE Shell, 320 CS-S. 90% Interstate through Alabama, Tennessee, Kentucky, and Ohio. Round trip mileage 17.7 MPG (with about 20 miles without the trailer). I put it in tow-haul mode, and put the cruise on 60, often slowing to 55 in construction zones. Speed does matter.
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL