Options

Kitchen Sink Not Working

StellaStella Member Posts: 7
I am winterizing my tab 400 and nothing will come out of the kitchen sink.  No water, air or antifreeze.  Every other faucet works just fine.  The pump is also continuously running while pumping antifreeze.  Does anyone have any idea what is going on?  Your help is appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,507
    We heard something similar just recently (@Jay_and_Kat) and it was attributed to the antifreeze jug was almost empty.  Try the sink with a full jug.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    Water and antifreeze come out of every other faucet.  I was also able to blow water out of every faucet except the kitchen sink.
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    So, had some mis-steps winterizing our T@B 400 BD today as well as one thing that I want to make sure doesn't necessitate a trip back to the camper (and GeneralRV for the anti-freeze, and one "well, that was exciting" event.

First, the potential issue:  We cleared out the lines in the camper with our compressor, 20psi, had the low point drains all open for this.  Well, we forgot to close them when we opened the faucets, so that's strike one.  Set the Nautilus handles to 45deg and kept the air going for a few more minutes.  Then we opened BOTH yellow flapper valves under the bed and let them stop draining.  Now for sort of strike two and the one that has me worried.  We set the Nautilus for winterize, then we ran the pump to pull in our antifreeze, then ran the faucets, shower, and toilet until they ran pink.  BUT running the faucets and shower for hot gave nothing.  No hissing, no fluid, nada.  So my concern is, we've still got water in the hot lines somewhere.

As for the "exciting" event?  Did you know the kitchen faucet will come off?  Yeah, we discovered this when we were running the pump for the antifreeze.  Turns out if you keep moving the faucet, raising and lowering it, the nut that keeps it on will loosen up.  So, yeah, kinda had to clean up a fair bit of the antifreeze from the floor and the counter and the drawer faces and the bathroom door...
    Oh, and if you turn on the bathroom sink faucet full power when you're winterizing, it'll tend to spit and spurt some and RV antifreeze doesn't taste too hot...

So, do we need to get a bit more antifreeze and re-do some of this to get the hot water lines?  Or are we good?
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    I wonder if the kitchen sink is the most distal to the pump and the pump just loses siphon?

https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/14407/winterizing-tab-400-boondock-2021-pump-problem/p1?new=1

Are you using a short hose?
  • Options
    Well done!  I had someone hold the jug up and sure enough it sucked the antifreeze out.  Thank you for your help.
  • Options
    Oh good!  I think the siphon problem should be at the top of our list for these kind of issues.  Interesting that it has happens on the hot taps.  The Alde bypass routing may have something to do with it🤔
  • Options
    BinghiBinghi Member Posts: 271
    Siphoning in general is tricky. It helps to elevate the fluid source and use gravity in your favor. It also helps to provide a short and obstruction-free pathway for the fluid,

After several experiments, I have finally settled on using a 3-quart funnel with a threaded end that connects to a short garden hose. I elevate the funnel above the entry into the Nautilus compartment, and keep it filled with glycol as I do the winterization. This year I also removed the screened washer at the city water inlet to help the fluid flow. It did seem to help.

Here’s a photo of my set-up:

2021 400 BD / 2016 VW Touareg / Austin, TX