Options

TAB 400 2021 Tires

I am going to replace my TAB 400 2021 tires. After reading numerous threads associated with this topic I have settled on this choice.
1)  Goodyear Endurance ST 225/75R15
Do members of the Forum still think this is an appropriate tire for this model TAB?
Thank you

Comments

• Options
    falcon1970falcon1970 Member Posts: 755
    that is what I have been running for several years now.  never had an issue and they tow very well.
  • Options
    RayJimRayJim Member Posts: 129
    edited January 21
    I also going to replace my tires on my 2021 400. I found that Winnebago installs Goodyear tires on their towable trailers. Winnebago Micro Minne weighs 3,300lb, same as the 400, and will be sold with Goodyear DuraTrac tires, 50psi inflation pressure. They cost around $180 each. 

2021 T@B Boondock 400. 2021 Toyota SR5 V6
  • Options
    GiotaGiota Member Posts: 57
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    edited January 26
    I think nüCamp is now using the Goodyear Endurance tire on its new trailers.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,595
    My '18 320S came with Milestar M+S tires.  Yes, "China" tires that get so much bad press in Travel Trailer reviews.  However, I'm very happy with the quality of the Milestar's . . . . the tire is rated at 40K miles and mine are in the 35K+ range with no side wall cracks or UV light cracks - - - of course the tread is getting to the time-to-replace depth.  Just as a 40K rating would suggest.

IMHO, all the bad press about 'China Bombs' is generated by the very large/heavy multi-axle monster trailers that are built on the cheap material wise and push the limits of weight ratings.

The nuCamp 320 & 400 model trailers are light compared to those monsters on the road, PLUS nuCamp products are structural** well engineered and have above average build quality.

While I have no issue with nuCamp switching to Goodyear*** brand tires . . . I see it more as a marketing issue not a real previous product quality/safety issue.

So new nuCamp product owners don't need to rush out and replace their trailer tires.

** however, except for the Alde nuCamp does tend to install the
          typical lowest quality interior items.
    *** with Goodyear being an international corporation - - who designed,
         produces, inspects their trailer tires?

'18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
  • Options
    ArizonayetiArizonayeti Member Posts: 26
    edited February 21
    Due to Dexter axle warranty, I was able to get 2 new tires on my 2020 TAB 400 BL. I had discount tire put on Falken Wildpeak LT235/75R15 113R E1 AT4W.  As I frequent forest service roads, I feel better having this tire than the Goodyear Endurance. 
    2020 T@B 400 BL w/solar.  TV 2018 4Runner w/ Fox 2" lift. 
  • Options
    berggerbergger Moderator Posts: 1,007
    Those are good tires and they look nice! 
    2021 T@b 400 BD  "Vixen Gail" 
    2018 Nissan Titan Pro 4X "Big Bird"
    Leadville Colorado