Options

What are your camping accessories?

shane1shane1 Member Posts: 34
We are looking at the TAB 320 and Tab 400. We are also trying to decide on the best tow vehicle for either of these. We looked at SUV’s but it looks like a pick up might be the better overall option. These smaller trailers have limited storage space, so I am thinking that most of the camping accessories are best hauled in the back of a pick up. My list so far are:

Two Camp Chairs

Small Table

Outdoor Mat

Tool Box w/ tools

Portable Power Station

Battery Bikes

Trailer Awning

Am I missing anything important and what/how do you carry your items?  Thanks.

2020 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Elite
Looking for a TT 

Comments

• Options
    gulfareagulfarea Member Posts: 507
    As far as the small table goes if your T@B comes with the LAGUN table it also mounts outside on the side of the trailer, I sure like mine! Art
    2019 TaB 320 S Boondock Edge
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,477
    edited April 29
    A lot depends on your own personal wants and needs, but I like towing with a small pickup with a cap on a six-foot bed. Smaller camp items like chairs, tables, and awnings store in the T@B under the bench--but that's probably not an option in newer models with both the Alde and central A/C eating up storage space. 
    The bike goes in the truck bed, and the boat on top of the cap. I don't hang much in camp during the day, so this makes a great system for hauling my playthings wherever I want them.
    That said,you could probably accomplish much the same thing with a decent-sized SUV, but a truck eliminates any concern about messing up the inside of your swanky car.
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    TowheeTowhee Member Posts: 47
    You will need an outdoor grill if you want to cook outside.  We also carry a cooler and lanterns.  All are carried easily in our model Y.
  • Options
    AnOldURAnOldUR Member Posts: 1,303
    Our swanky car is an eleven year old, two door Wrangler. Messing it up is not a concern. =)

I'd add a pop up tent to that list. Can't rely on a site with room to extend an awning or side tent.

IMO the portable power station is a waste of money. Upgrade your onboard batteries and add an inverter if your power needs are not being met.
    Stockton, New Jersey
    2020 nuCamp T@B 320S * Jeep Wrangler

• Options
    BinghiBinghi Member Posts: 278
    Don’t forget your ice chest.
    2021 400 BD / 2016 VW Touareg / Austin, TX
  • Options
    Maxcamp8Maxcamp8 Member Posts: 224
    I pack everything in the truck in 10 gallon flexible  rectangular lidded Rubbermaid totes that stack.  Label all faces with blue tape.  A few are 35 years old and indestructible, with 40 lbs of heavy auto tools or climbing gear.  Newer ones are thin.

Auto jack, tools, zip ties, tapes are good to have as well as pair of 2x12x48s.  I like an iron shovel for snow and digouts if necessary.  

2021 T@B 320S Boondock/ 2012 Tacoma 4 cylinder truck / 2023 Tacoma 6 cyl. truck