Options

Rear & Side lights on constantly when on shore power

We had our 2017 Q MAX 300 series in for a water leak behind the seat (“U” shape seat set up), which resulted in mold.  At the same time our one taillight had some burned out bulbs, so we had it replaced.  Now when on shore power the lights will not go off on the rear and side rear.  Any ideas.  Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,477
    This is peculiar. Does it also happen when you are running on battery, or only when on shore power? Do the affected lights work properly when plugged into your tow vehicle? Does the problem occur in both taillights and both rear side marker lights, or is it limited to one side? Am I correct in understanding that the front side marker lights are not affected?
    So many questions!  :-)
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    tonitoni Member Posts: 52
    Hi Sctott, No it does not happen when on battery.  Only on shore power.  When we came back from he initial fix, I don’t know if the front, side lights were working.  The problem occured in both rear & side lights.   To bring you up to date:  we took it back in to the RV repair and it turns out there was a screw placed in the area where the 7 way wire runs through to the back & caused the short.  It went thru the rubber into the wire and caused the short.  They said that happened during the manufacturing of the unit.  So the whole box (wiring box) in the back was replaced.  Going back to the leak… there was a screw put through the trim, which should not have been done and the screw was not sealed. 
  • Options
    tonitoni Member Posts: 52
    Sorry Scott, my touchy ipad messed up your name.  My apologies.
    Toni
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,477
    Thanks for the followup, @toni. The trailer running lights and the 120V shore power circuits are supposed to be completely isolated from each other. I suspected yo had a short somewhere connecting the two, probably from a rogue screw or chafed wire. Glad you got it sorted out!
    2015 T@B S