Options

what is this T@B 400 inverter supplying power to?

What is this rather large inverter that is installed in my 2021 400 Boondock supplying power to? The only thing I know about is the 110 outlet next to my bed that supplies 110volts, without shore power, on battery alone. Is there anything else?
Karen and Chris
2021 T@B 400, 2018 Land Cruiser
Dallas, Texas
“May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view.” Edward Abbey

Comments

• Options
    Busted_11BBusted_11B Member Posts: 15
    Isn't that the inverter/charger? you need that in order to charge or use your battery
  • Options
    CruiserCamperChrisCruiserCamperChris Member Posts: 78
    No, the charger is in the WFCCO under the sink. It does two things, converts 120 to 12 and charges the batteries. The blue inverter above is just an inverter.

Karen and Chris
    2021 T@B 400, 2018 Land Cruiser
    Dallas, Texas
    “May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view.” Edward Abbey
  • Options
    MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,611
    @CruiserCamperChris
    Typical 400 Inverters supply the Bed Cubby and Bed Area Television outlets
    Like this:

You should checkout the forum resources section that has an 'owners best knowledge' diagram of the 2020'ish 400 wiring at
    Best Guess 400 Electrical

'18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  52   Nights:  329  Towing Miles 41,900+
  • Options
    BinghiBinghi Member Posts: 283
    I have a 2021 400 BD and am not aware of a television inverter outlet. Our television so far as I could tell was strictly DC powered, and there is no AC outlet anywhere near where it was located (I removed the television and replaced it with a DC charging station).

The only inverter outlet in our trailer is in the bed cubby.
    2021 400 BD / 2016 VW Touareg / Austin, TX
  • Options
    pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,720
    @CruiserCamperChris the picture of your converter shows it to be a modified/improved Powermax converter/charger, not the stock WFCO.
    2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • Options
    Kevin_KKevin_K Member Posts: 33
    @CruiserCamperChris yes, the only outlet the inverter supports is the bed cubby. I can also confirm that the power supply for the television is also 12 volts. I use it as a power supply for my rear view camera when traveling.
    2021 Tab400 boondock, 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
  • Options
    berggerbergger Moderator Posts: 1,045
    @Binghi we also have a 2021 400 and yes the television is a 12v television and there is no 120v outlet under the television.  I believe they had that in earlier models, then removed it, then added it again to later models.  On ours the bedroom cubby is the only on powered by the inverter.  Having an inverter powered outlet under the television would be very nice and I've mulled around with adding one.  
    2021 T@b 400 BD  "Vixen Gail" 
    2018 Nissan Titan Pro 4X "Big Bird"
    Leadville Colorado
  • Options
    KK1LKK1L Member Posts: 114
    This is the outlet under the TV in a 2023 T@B400...

73 es God Bless de KK1L, Ron <><
    2023 T@B 400 Boondock "Running up a T@B"
    Jericho, VT
  • Options
    BinghiBinghi Member Posts: 283
    The inverter outlet I want is the one over the kitchen sink and counter. That would be great to power an electric kettle for coffee and tea when you’re boondocking.
    2021 400 BD / 2016 VW Touareg / Austin, TX