Options

Window blind white string came out

does anyone have either a drawing or specific instructions on how to reattach the white string for the blinds? I saw a posting about installing them (Jennifer had an issue) but that didn't tell how to fix the string. I can't see up into the top to figure out where it goes. 
Michele, Tucson, AZ. TV - '13 F150 & '16 T@Bitha special order.

You never really travel alone. The world is full of friends waiting to get to know you!

Comments

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    When I replaced my front shade I looked the old one over - I actually took it apart to get it in the garbage can. The springy strings got thru a little hole and are tightened in place by a screw. You'd need to feed that string thru that hole and relighted the screw. If you pull the corner trim piece off you may be able to see what I describe but I'm not sure you could get at the screw. You'll probably need to take the whole screen/shade assembly off - it's actually easy, four screws, one in each corner - then you'll be able to see where it goes and compare one side to the other. Would probably need to play a little getting the tension right. Sounds like a bigger job than it actually is.
  • Options
    mickietucsmickietucs Member Posts: 709
    Oh thanks PXL- I wondered if I needed to take something off. Will see if I'm able to do this without screwing it all up!

You never really travel alone. The world is full of friends waiting to get to know you!

• Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    I think I need to unassembled one of mine. It keeps getting all messed up. I live them, but if they get off track they are a major pain.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    They're real easy to tak off and put back on - as I mentioned, just four screws, one in each corner. Just need to pop the corner trim pieces to get at them - Don't loose the screws :-)
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    PXLated said:
    They're real easy to tak off and put back on - as I mentioned, just four screws, one in each corner. Just need to pop the corner trim pieces to get at them - Don't loose the screws :-)
    I will try that.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    Well I got the entire piece off the wall (not easy as the top screws are very close to the bottom of the wood valence - they should have made the valence about 1/4"-1/2" shorter to accommodate easier access). Anyway, I'm still at a loss. After receiving pictures from Elsie (second photo), it appears the white string is supposed to lay across that upper "channel" and into the black end caps. Unfortunately it can easily pop out (hard to explain). After struggling with getting it off, then trying to restring it and it's still not right, I'm pretty frustrated.  I found out these are made by Horrex - a company out of the Netherlands. No one can give me explicit instructions (I tried Ed, Horrex themselves and other distributors of Horrex which of course are in NL or Australia, etc.). I'm now going to take it to a local blind place and hope they can help me. If not, I'll be asking for a new blind.  

Displaying IMG_0505JPG

Displaying DSCN2709jpg

• Options
    The blind place had never seen blinds like ours (not surprising) but a nice man examined it and said the white string does lay in the channel and pushed down into the black piece at the ends --- but also agreed the design is weird because it doesn't take much to pull that string out. Anyway, he reassembled the end pieces and it appears it's working. I'll reinstall it next time I go to the storage place (and hope I can get the top screws back in). We'll see if it stays put. Oh, he did mention the middle of the frame was bowing a little (mine is at the bottom/screen part - not the top as others have had problems with). I'll keep my eye on that as well. 

• Options
    Glad you got it somewhat figured out fixed.