Options

Having a Bl@st!

Hans111Hans111 Member Posts: 47
We ordered our T@B in early spring and waited--very impatiently!--for delivery in late summer. We picked up our tiny trailer on August 28, thanks to a great dealer, Gale Stock of Heartland Auto,  who drove 1,500 miles to get our T@B from the factory so we could attend a Labor Day reunion!  
September is pretty late in the midwestern camping season, but we've had one of those rare years in which autumn lives up to its spectacular reputation. We reluctantly put our T@B, (dubbed "Speedbump" by a clever cousin) into winter storage today, after camping 19 nights in our first two-months as RVers. And we're enjoying our T@B even more than we expected.
We owe a huge debt to the knowledgable, generous, and engaged members of this forum. I lurked here almost daily while we waited on our trailer and I absorbed so much. I was afraid that the learning curve would be steep, but this community provided a solid base--and I knew where to turn when I did have a question. It's been simple to pack up and go--and so, so much fun.
So thanks, everybody. And to you folks out there lurking, wondering if one of these things might be for you, I can honestly say that it's been one of our best lifestyle investments ever. 

Doug
Des Moines Iowa
2016 S Max Sofitel

Comments

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Very cool - Glad you got a good number of days in. I often tell people that following this forum will get you a good way to understanding your T@B but it will all only become crystal clear once you get your T@B - Things will be a lot simpler than they sound - hold true for you?
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Outstanding! Way to dive right in!

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    webcrawlerwebcrawler Member Posts: 133
    cool!!!  Look nice!!
    Kennesaw, Georgia

2016 Silver/Black T@B M@x S with Scuba Black interior.  2015 Lincoln MKC AWD 2.0L Ecoboost tow vehicle. Tekonsha Prodigy wireless Brake Controller.
  • Options
    WanderooWanderoo Member Posts: 553
    Congrats!  I have owned my ClemenT@B for 2 years and have enjoyed it tremendously.  I agree it was a wonderful "quality of life" decision.  I will be retiring in 10 weeks and can't wait to start exploring this great United States even further.  Happy travels!
    Beth, 2015 Toyota Tacoma (Ramblin' Rose), 2014 T@B S M@xx (ClemenT@B)
  • Options
    BBchBumBBchBum Member Posts: 105
    Beth - not counting down to retirement, eh?  :)   I highly recommend it!
  • Options
    glesieutreglesieutre Member Posts: 12
    boo said:
    I assume you are aware owners can winterize the T@B and still camp in cold weather using the sealed Alde heat?.
    Could you point me to a link or file that describes how to do this, or how it works generally?  Thanks!
    2015 T@B S-Max towed by 2016 Subaru Outback 3.6R -- central Pennsylvania
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness." Mark Twain, The Innocents Abroad, 1869
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    glesieutre - Search for "winterizing", there's more than one as it's a hot topic this time of the year.
    As far as winterizing and still having heat - The Alde has two parts, the hot water and the heat. The hot water reservoir get drained in the winterizing process but the heat side is a self-contained (somewhat sealed), system containing glycol so it doesn't get drained and you can still use that half of the system all winter long. You won't have any water but you will have heat.