Options

Activity Area and Private messages

VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
edited December 2015 in Help - Computer & System
When you want to send a private message on this forum (or the Little Guy forum), it is a two step process. Click on the person's name you want to contact, and a screen appears with a box for typing. Now click on the small box that says "message" and you are in the totally Private Message area. The only one(s) who can see your message is/are the person(s) you address the PM to.  Not even the Admins or Mod's can see our Private Messages.

BUT WAIT.....if you type your message in the first box, it appears on the public Activity Log that not everyone looks at, and some of you are putting personal information there, or personal conversations there that you may not realize everyone has access to. Everyone can see everything in this Activity log.  We Admins/Mod do not check this area. We have enough "other stuff" to do.  In the past, there was even a conversation on going about how Mike and I were terrible people. So, if you type in the first box, it is not private.

Choose carefully which area you want your message in. 
Verna, Columbus, IN
2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”

Comments

• Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    If you post to my profile versus sending me a message I often miss those post because they don't show notifications like the mailbox does. Not intentionally ignoring anyone! I had a few posts to my profile that I missed until today― Sorry!

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Bump to those who put their private messages in the public Activity area.   
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    edited April 2017
    Not to beat a dead horse here as Verna has covered it quite well,but.....

Activity Box in member profile = Bulletin Board = Displays content that everyone on forum can see.  

Message Box in member profile = Private Message = Displays content only recipient can see.
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ