Options

Air conditioner condensation

Where does the condensation go?
Used air all night for the firs t time during our 3 week adventure. So where is water. High humidity in Oklahoma. BTW, Lake Eufala State Park is beautiful
T@BbyKay, 2014 CS, S Ford Explorer

Comments

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Look under the T@B, Belva. There should be a drainage tube coming from below the A/C unit.
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    belvagillespiebelvagillespie Member Posts: 199
    Thanks, V.
  • Options
    XPADREXXPADREX Member Posts: 311
    I thought it drained to that little vent on the side of the S model?

I reckon I'll fi d out... we are less than 12 hours away from a week of T@bbin'.
    LOCATION: Fort Raccoon; UNIT: 2014 T@b S M@xxxx; MISSION: To have fun, make a difference, and make some friends along the way. Organ Donor Recipient- forever grateful. 
  • Options
    This thingy:
    LOCATION: Fort Raccoon; UNIT: 2014 T@b S M@xxxx; MISSION: To have fun, make a difference, and make some friends along the way. Organ Donor Recipient- forever grateful. 
  • Options
    You guys have the T@B's--I'm just an Admin trying to help. If I get something wrong, sorry--I've got a Silver Shadow and I'm just trying to give you guys some support and logical answers. Thanks for the help.
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    No worries... I was seeking clarification, myself. I certainly hope I did not hurt your feelings, as that was certainly not my intention. Heck, I'm not even certain this IS the vent tube exit (but I think so). I'll check in the manual... ;)
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    XPADREX said:
    This thingy:
    No, that's a vent. It drains under the T@b, on the left side of the a/c.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    That "thingy" looks similar to the cowbell vent on the Little Guys.  Just an observation is all and believe that Jenn is correct.
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    RZRBUGRZRBUG Member Posts: 890
    On my 2013 T@B there is a drain pan under the a/c with a tube hanging down from the center of the pan to the outside underneath.  I have not run my a/c a lot, but I have checked and never found any condensation either in the pan or dripping from the tube.  I have also checked inside cabinets and floors in the area.  The a/c puts out cold air, so there HAS to be condensation somewhere.  Maybe I'll find it someday.  Sure hope it's not going somewhere it shouldn't.

Larry & Booger - 2013 T@B, 2012 GMC Sierra

Happy Trails Y'all

States Visited Map

• Options
    I could see mine dripping at the dealer, so I know it works.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    WanderooWanderoo Member Posts: 553
    Larry -- Just curious as to how you "get to" the drain pan.  Did you take the front cover off the AC? :(
    Beth, 2015 Toyota Tacoma (Ramblin' Rose), 2014 T@B S M@xx (ClemenT@B)
  • Options
    Beth -- No, you can see the pan through the grill on the outside.  A flashlight will aid it seeing it better, especially if you are parked in the shade.  I took a small stick and poked up through the drain pipe to be sure it wasn't clogged, and I could also see the end of the stick through the grill.

Happy Trails Y'all

States Visited Map

• Options
    RZRBUG - Any chance you live in a low humidity area? I would think the drip pans in the Southwest and arid climates would capture less moisture than more humid climates like we get in the east.

• Options
    No, Jenn.  Very high humidity where I live.  I have some other work I need to do on the trailer when a part comes in I've ordered.  As I'm doing that, I plan to hook it up to shore power and run the a/c for quite a while just to test it out again.

Happy Trails Y'all

States Visited Map

• Options
    Interesting... maybe you need to stick a GoPro camera in there to see what happens!

• Options

I ran the a/c for an hour and a half today set on 70 degrees.  The temperature inside the T@B started out at 88 degrees and went down to 74 degrees during that time.  Relative humidity started at 55 percent and was up to 75 percent after the 1 1/2 hours.  No, that's not reversed.  Of course, there was not one single drop of condensation anywhere to be seen from the a/c. Not one.

The humidity could have gone up some because I cracked the windows slightly while the a/c was running, and I have two containers of moisture control that I keep sitting in the trailer at all times.

I cannot understand why the a/c is not creating condensation, at least a drop or two.

Happy Trails Y'all

States Visited Map

• Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    I have a Cool Cat in the T@Bpole.  An observation on this last trip, in order to have the AC work correctly through a hot night, I had to make sure the T@B was a little off level to the AC side.

The night before I had it slightly off level to the other side (I usually only care about being "mostly level") and after a little while of operation it shut down.  I tried restarting it to find that it would shut back down five minutes later.  I was worried it was the thermostat when, after being shut down for a little while, I heard the clunk of ice falling and a moment later the AC started back up.  Upon further investigation it appears the condensation froze and caused the AC to shut down.

By being off level toward the AC it drains a better and I did not have this problem again.

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • Options
    forklift_guy59forklift_guy59 Member Posts: 16
    The drain on the bottom of the ac pan is towards the front of trailer. If you have the front of the trailer a little off level (down in front) this will help with the draining and it helps to have it a little lower on the door side to help the water run towards the drain.
  • Options
    edited August 2014

Here's a quote from Cheryl about where her drain is for her A/C:

"Cheryl74074 said:

Our T@B has to tilt slightly to the right, because the air conditioner drain is in the front right corner (towards the door).  It was plugged and Marvin unplugged it for us at Tearstock, and showed us where it's located.  If you remove the mirror in the shower, you have access to the drain tube."

Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    PaulaKPaulaK Member Posts: 54
    Yes,that is the quote that I saw but somehow missed the part about removing the mirror. Thanks, Verna, for the clarification. It's nice to know there is an Ed #2! So... Did Cheryl74074 have water leaking into her T@B?

Paula & Larry | 2015 T@B S M@XX "Serenity"| 2014 Subaru Outback | Maple Grove, MN
  • Options
    I would recommend sending a message to Cheryl to ask her.
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    belvagillespiebelvagillespie Member Posts: 199
    How about that, "there is something behind the mirror". 
  • Options
    rjerootsrjeroots Member Posts: 1
    This past week, camping in Myrtle Beach, temp mid 90s and rh near 100%, Fridigdair ac running full bore, had to put towels in the floor under the shower area to soak up the water. Wood under shower wet, wood under bench stained. Has to be the AC since we don't use the shower and all plastic lines under there dry. We do have a mirror in the shower so I guess I will see how to remove that tomorrow. Interesting reading. Much appreciated...
  • Options
    judymacjudymac Member Posts: 403
    So sorry.  Dumb question but important:  are you level?  
    Good luck.  That must be so frustrating.
    Judy and Mike - Central KY 2014 T@B S M@X towed with Chevy Trailblazer   Nights in the T@B:  32

• Options
    TABakerTABaker Member Posts: 432
    First I've hard of that, Boo.
    Crystal & Daisy, a yellow 2007 T@B Q previously towed by a 2008 Jeep Liberty, and currently towed by a 2016 RAM 1500.

• Options
    I found my tube was wedged into the "I" beam frame under the T@B on the inside side where I couldn't see it. A friend had to feel around for it and then he pulled it out so it could run freely. It does indeed have drips of water coming from it. 

If you take the top off the bench under the A/C, you can see the clear tube coming down from inside the wall to the bathroom, as it goes through the floor. If you measure how far it is from the outside wall, you should be able to find exactly where it comes through the floor. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN