Options

outback front platform

We recently ordered an outback and wonder if anyone could share the dimentions of the front platform?  We would like to mount an additional 1 or 2 boxes to the platform to hold and lock up a generator and camp gear.  Has anyone done this,  what type of box did you use and how did you secure the boxes to the platform?

Comments

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Don't have one so can't give dimensions but there's been a couple threads recently about mounting tubs, generators and such. Try a search on "outback" or "outback platform" and you'll probably find what you need.
  • Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,357

Here is how I have mine configured.  The Tupperware box and water jug holders are bolted to the platform. You need to be careful when ordering any type of box because of the curved handles on each side of the T@B - they tend to get in the way of the lid.  Another option is to install a storage box in front of curved battery/propane box and behind the jack handle.  Two people at T@Bazona had them, and they looked pretty cool.  Probably also a lot cheaper than the platform.

2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.
  • Options
    TonydjdTonydjd Member Posts: 111
    My solution not 100% finished just yet. Im able to store dual 6v battery's. Honda 2000 and Viking propane tank inside. More pics when project is complete. And yes thanks to other members of forum. I have expanded metal under frame tongue area and front diamond plate hinges up with sewer hose storage.
    Tony D
    Central,Fl
    2015 T@B Max-S

• Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Tonydjd said:
    My solution not 100% finished just yet. Im able to store dual 6v battery's. Honda 2000 and Viking propane tank inside. More pics when project is complete. And yes thanks to other members of forum. I have expanded metal under frame tongue area and front diamond plate hinges up with sewer hose storage.
    I can't wait to photos of the inside.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    OMG! That looks so cool! Great design.
  • Options
    hunter99hunter99 Member Posts: 45
    If you want another way to mount the 8-gallon action packer bin to the platform these look to be a good solution. http://http//www.swagoffroad.com/8-Gallon-Rubber-Maid-Action-Packer-Baja-Bins_p_35.html
  • Options
    pkulick2pkulick2 Member Posts: 2
    OutbackAZ:  can you post the measurments for each sideeof the platform?  Just the depth amd the width along the back from the end to the existing diamond playe box.  Thanks

Here is how I have mine configured.  The Tupperware box and water jug holders are bolted to the platform. You need to be careful when ordering any type of box because of the curved handles on each side of the T@B - they tend to get in the way of the lid.  Another option is to install a storage box in front of curved battery/propane box and behind the jack handle.  Two people at T@Bazona had them, and they looked pretty cool.  Probably also a lot cheaper than the platform.

• Options

You could fit a rectangular box 20" wide by 14" deep on each side.  The bottom of the box would extend to the outer edge of the tubular frame. Hope this helps.

• Options
    John_and_KrisJohn_and_Kris Member Posts: 302
    We put a storage box in front of the propane storage box fits great and holds  our odd and ends  ( power cord, hoses and the like). Will use one side for our Honda 2000i and the other for gas and chocks.
    John - Kris & our Golden "Blossom"
    South Carolina
    Live simply,Love generously,Care deeply,Speak Kindly,Leave the rest to God
  • Options
    John_and_KrisJohn_and_Kris Member Posts: 302
    The box we put on the front was from Cabelas, Called a Poly Storage Box Small
    # IK-52-3780 hold quite a bit waterproof and locable
    John - Kris & our Golden "Blossom"
    South Carolina
    Live simply,Love generously,Care deeply,Speak Kindly,Leave the rest to God