Options

The Need to Bleed?

2»

Comments

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Or maybe just wrap some sound dampening insulation around the gurgling resivour. 
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    It'd be cheaper to buy some ear plugs and a lot less messier than a changeout.   =)
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,357
    KBecker57 - My Norcold frig drives me nuts when it runs, so I feel your pain regarding the gurgling.  I had the same problem, but it completely went away when I added a 50/50 mix of glycol and water up to the mid-point on the reservoir (between min and max).  Maybe going to the max level causes the gurgling problem just as being at the minimum level does?  The circulating pump makes an entirely different noise than the reservoir.  And it is really loud at setting #5.  For that reason I keep mine at 1.5.  I'll check the noise coming from the reservoir on pump setting #5 later today to see if the gurgling is louder and get back to you.  If not, no reason to swap out the pump.
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.
  • Options
    No shore power and with propane bottle closed, noticed a lot of gurgling at the reservoir with system set to propane.  Opened the propane bottle and gurgling went away after about 4 minutes.  With pump set on 1.5, no noticeable gurgling.  However, the higher I set the pump speed, the louder the gurgling at the reservoir (and more noise from the pump).  So if you don't have an adjustable pump, a swap-out may help lower the gurgling noise.  Hope this helps.
  • Options
    lalalala Member Posts: 1
    Thanks tons RTab, this gurgling has been driving us crazy.  Your solution worked perfectly on our 2015 clamshell.  Last night it was so quiet, we couldn't believe how simple the correction was:)
  • Options
    carolfcarolf Member Posts: 6
    I have a 2015 T@B with Alde....just back from getting the Alde fixed....wasn't working on propane.  I now have the gurgle issue that is coming from the over-flow tank.  I've turned the circulation pump down to 2 and have added glycol to the tank so it is about half way between low and full.  It has helped with the bubbling/gurgles, but still is not like before. (this gurgle is not water flowing in the pipes, it comes from the over-flow tank...I can see it).  My question....is the bleed valve automatic or do I have to do something?  I've found it behind the back panel on the passenger side but can't see how do bleed it.    
  • Options
    I think the easiest solution for those that can hear it, and are bothered by it, is to just get some sound dampening insulation to enclose (wrap around) the filler/overflow tank where the gurgling occurs.
  • Options
    Let it run for an hour. The automatic bleed value may purge any air. Turn your pump down to 1.5 or even 1 and see if that makes a difference.
  • Options
    As far as I can tell, that gurgling is glycol flow turbulence in the tank. Slowing the flow down might help but there's a point where you're probably not going to have enough flow for efficient heating.
  • Options
    I keep my pump set to 1.5 and it kept me toasty warm this winter (yeah, I know, it's Arizona).  I can barely hear it at that level when it kicks on.
  • Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    edited March 2016
    Fill the overflow tank to "Full", that will help.
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya