Options

Southern Utah Boondocking

DeeDeeDeeDee Member Posts: 115
Have any of you boondocked in Valley Of The Gods, or surrounding area? Where on VOTG road are the best private/scenic spots? Also, anyone taken their T@B down or up the  Moki Dugway? How was the experience?
DeeDee & The Captain
2016 Orange MaxQ
Henry's Fork River, Eastern Idaho

Comments

• Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,394
    DeeDee said:
    Have any of you boondocked in Valley Of The Gods, or surrounding area? Where on VOTG road are the best private/scenic spots? Also, anyone taken their T@B down or up the  Moki Dugway? How was the experience?
    I have been reading up on the VotG, too. It looks like the best spots are the spur roads off of the main loop. I have driven the Miki Dugway, but not with a T@b. The positive about it is how slowly traffic is moving. It is a very wide road and you should be OK as long as you don't ride your breaks.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    Thanks Jenn, I've driven it several times, but never pulling a trailer. Might be fun ;-)
    DeeDee & The Captain
    2016 Orange MaxQ

• Options
    Just saw the the Moki Dugway has a 10,000 pound GVWR limit. I think we're good.

DeeDee & The Captain
    2016 Orange MaxQ

• Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,394
    Let me know what you find in terms of nice spots, especially in the unlikely event you get cell service there.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    tmeistertmeister Member Posts: 4
    Here are a couple pics from that neck of the woods. We did not have a T@B at that time, but driving those roads was a trip in itself. We hiked Grand Gulch and got caught in a flood and then when we headed out, we got behind the cattle drive as soon as we got down off of Moki. It was pretty cool actually. Now we are planning our first trip and will leave the end of April after the ski areas close. Bryce, Kodachrome and Grand Staircase/Escalante. Can't wait!