Options

Interior walls

We are planning on getting a T@b and were wondering if there is an interior wall option other than the wallpaper.  Do you have any problems with it peeling?  My memories of wallpaper are always filled with peeling at the corners.  Any input is appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    I have a 2015 T@B S and have not had any issues with the wall.  I don't believe the walls are "wallpaper" as such and are similar to a vinyl if you will.   I'm sure that others will add to the discussion, but personally I'm well satisfied with this trailer, the work put into it and the over all functionality of it.  
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    AllieAllie Member Posts: 194
    Mine is also a 2015.  Living in the heat of summer in s. Utah (105+ during July), I have noted some of the edges have started to pull away.   In the shower I try to keep and eye open and reseal them as they occur.  If anyone knows of something that can be used to reinforce them, please let us know.
    Allie
    Condo A-Go-Go
    2018 Casita Spirit Dlx (KONDO)
    2017 Tacoma (AH GOGO)
    S. UTAH
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Mine's also a 2015 and no problems here - I do try to avoid hot climes as much as possible. Not to save the wallpaper but to save my sanity :-)
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    My T@B shower doesn't have wallpaper, but the rest of the inside is.
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Ratkitty - What does yours have? - am actually afraid to ask :-)
    Mine's the same thruout.
  • Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,358
    Mine has a manufacture date of 8/15.  I'm in Phoenix (110 +) and have not had any problems with the interior walls.  I do keep it under a shade.  On another matter, someone did post photos of their wall coverings bubbling out where Command Strips were applied.
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition,
    2024 Ford F150 Supercrew short bed.
  • Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    Photos online appear that Tabitha and Sofitel options come with different color walls but I don't know whether that is just a different color of the same material. 

I have a quarter sized spot where the wallpaper has lifted. I made the mistake of leaving weight on a command hook on a super hot day. Don't do that. 
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    The "wallpaper" is applied to a 1/8" composite material throughout. It is not applied to drywall as your house would have.

Mine has been in the hot and humid Midwest last summer, the dry heat of AZ last winter, the hot and humid Midwest since April and there are no bubbles, lumps or any problems with the interior walls at all. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    PXLated said:
    Ratkitty - What does yours have? - am actually afraid to ask :-)
    Mine's the same thruout.
    My T@B manufacture date is before March 2015. It's a painted-type laminate (not plastic, though) much like they used to put in old mobile home bathrooms. It's not vinyl. The rest of the interior is like everyone else's. The T@Bitha is a very neutral colored interior. I really like the white colored bathroom with the round window in it. When baby sis camps in the spot beside me, I threaten to moon her. For some reason, she's always in a spot on my left side (guess who makes the reservations? :grin:).
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    wizard1880wizard1880 Member Posts: 442
    edited August 2016
    Our CS was made in March 2014.  There is a tape that has the same texture and design as the walls, and it is used to hide the seams.  I have found it beginning to peel just a little bit in 2 places, but only on very hot humid days and it restuck back easily.  If it ever becomes a problem I'll put a tiny bit of super glue or other adhesive on the tiny corner where it peels to keep in on check.  It hasn't unstuck since then.
    T@@bulous
    2014 T@B CS Maxx
    TV: 2015 Audi Q7 3.0 V6 TDI (diesel)
    Martha Lake, WA
  • Options
    Octobersun23Octobersun23 Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for the input, really good insight on this forum.