Options

Portable-12V-Battery-Pack/

Here is an interesting hack for a portable 12v solar charged battery pack
http://www.instructables.com/id/Portable-12V-Battery-Pack/
2014 Wrangler Sahara & 99 Jeep 4dr Sport TV. Interests are Photography, fishing & rod building, woodworking, hotrods (73VW rat rod "DasStuka") and Camping. 

Comments

• Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    TaBFan said:
    Here is an interesting hack for a portable 12v solar charged battery pack
    http://www.instructables.com/id/Portable-12V-Battery-Pack/

I have a couple of those small 12v batteries and was starting to build a box out of a plastic ammo box... and then I bought the T@b. Those little 12v batteries are great for charging devices, but for the money you put into building one, I think you can get a decent lithium ion battery bank that would be comparable.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    TaBFanTaBFan Member Posts: 41
    jkjenn said:I have a couple of those small 12v batteries and was starting to build a box out of a plastic ammo box... and then I bought the T@b. Those little 12v batteries are great for charging devices, but for the money you put into building one, I think you can get a decent lithium ion battery bank that would be comparable.

Correct Jenn, but Lion batteries are also getting a reputation for catching on fire at the worst of times and I would not charge or store one in a closed area. 
    2014 Wrangler Sahara & 99 Jeep 4dr Sport TV. Interests are Photography, fishing & rod building, woodworking, hotrods (73VW rat rod "DasStuka") and Camping. 
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Studies show they are no more likely to start a fire than lead acid batteries and the rate at with lithium batteries start a fire has been shown to decrease as technology improves. You should be no more willing to store or charge a lead acid battery in a closed area than a lithium battery.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014