Options

Fantastic Fan model

Does anyone know off hand which model of the Fantastic Fan comes standard in the T@b? Thanks, Dave

2017 T@b 320 - 'Smokey'  2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport - 'B@ndit'
Dave - Tuscaloosa, Al

Comments

• Options
    JohnDanielsCPAJohnDanielsCPA Member Posts: 238
    I believe it is the 3350.  I just bought a new T@B and had the factory upgrade the fan to a 7350, because it has a lower amp draw, 13 speeds versus the 3350's 3 speeds and a remote, although the remote was not as important to me as the other features.
    2022 T@B 400 BD
    2019 Ford F-150 3.5L Ecoboost with Long Bed
  • Options
    TabberJohnTabberJohn Member Posts: 588

Does 13 speeds essentially provide you with a variable speed fan? How slow is the lowest speed?
    Sometimes all you want is a gentle flow similar to a home ceiling fan. Or a slow exhaust fan to pull air in from the windows.
    You don't need a roaring whirl to do that.
    Has anyone tried modifying the stock 3 speed fan to run at half normal speed? Or are RV fans unable to operate at low rpm?

2015 T@B Max S (White/Silver) -> 2014 Ford Escape 2.0L (turbo, AWD, factory tow)
  • Options
    JohnDanielsCPAJohnDanielsCPA Member Posts: 238
    Yes, the 13 speeds gives you, for the most part, a variable speed fan.  Meaning, each setting from 1 to 12 is a slight step up from the previous setting.  On it's lowest setting, the fan turns very slowly.  This highest setting is comparable to the standard fan.  But this model also has a temperature sensor and rain sensor.  The rain sensor closes the vent when it detects moisture.  The temperature sensor opens the vent when it gets too hot inside.  Can't say what happens when it is both hot and rainy; I live in the pacific northwest, so we don't experience those conditions.  I will say that I have this same model fan in my fifth wheel and it has consistently closed at the first hint of rain and opened when the temperature hit my setting.  Both of those setttings are user settable.  Anyway, as I said earlier, my main reason for getting this model was the low amp draw.  The standard fan has amp draws on low/medium/high of 1.9/2.3/3.0 amps, respectively.  The model 3350 only has an amp draw of 0.2 amps on its lowest setting, so if you are battery constrained, you can still get some air moving on very low power.  
    2022 T@B 400 BD
    2019 Ford F-150 3.5L Ecoboost with Long Bed
  • Options
    SubismSubism Member Posts: 38
    edited January 2017
    My understanding is the "stock" fan can be upgraded to the 13 speed unit by replacing the interior faceplate housing the controls for about $150 using the "7350 Upgrade Kit". Has anyone tried this?
    EDIT: Also, has anyone tried modifying the stock fan to use a rheostat for a variable speed control?
    Marc and Angie in Burlington, NC. 2018 Ford F150 FX4 3.5L Ecoboost, 2016 320 S Max
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Subism - Several here have installed the upgrade kit - didn't sound too complicated. A search should come up with those threads I'd think.
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    I replaced it. Another poster had issues getting it to fit, so, your mileage may vary. It was nice to not only have it using less power, but also run more quietly.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Did it just drop in for you Jenn? Fit fine?
  • Options
    HeatherMHeatherM Member Posts: 7
    Here is my post on the Little Guy forum that attempted to bring together the collective wisdom of those that have installed the upgraded Fantastic Fan.....

http://littleguy.vanillaforums.com/discussion/4003/fantastic-fan-upgrade-instructions-and-advice-roundup
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    PXLated said:
    Did it just drop in for you Jenn? Fit fine?
    Well, it was a little awkward working with it above my head, but it did fit the space - no mods required. :)

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014