Options

New 2017 T@B S Repair Work

SystemSystem Posts: 180
edited January 2017 in Modifications & Upgrades
This discussion was created from comments split from: Just exchanged my 2014 T@B for a 2017 Max S.

Decided to split these out since this was tagged on to an old discussion that really had nothing to do with it other then the OP having replaced their 2014 T@B with a 2017 T@B.

Comments

• Options
    warren207warren207 Member Posts: 46
    Our new 2017 T@B is in the shop for recall work as well as repairs due to Hail Damage last fall.  We are getting ancy for camping (we love winter camping) and they have not even started the work yet. We are hopeful that we will get it back soon. 
    Sara & Mike/2020 AVIA #0066/Denver, CO
    2014 Toyota Sequoia
  • Options
    dsatworkdsatwork Member Posts: 744
    edited January 2017
    @warren207 Wow, I'm sorry to hear that your brand-new T@b is already in the shop for repairs. So how long have you had your 2017 T@b? Also, what is a T@b SQ? (Mike & Sara/2017 T@B SQ/Denver, CO) Just curious...they seem mutually exclusive...I know they do some custom work there..... but I didn't think there was enough room to do both styles. I would love to see some picks of your layout. Nevermind...I remember seeing somewhere you had a Q model....

2017 Tab Basic S Silver on Silver with Sofitel Cushions....upgraded from 2013 LG 5W....Towed by a 2016 Sorento V6 AWD w/5000lb tow capacity. Dave S. married to Jen aka SanDiegoGal We pull a Tab but live in a 2014 Airstream International Signature 27 FBQ...Talk about embracing a trailer lifestyle.
  • Options
    gophergradgophergrad Member Posts: 115
    Hi @warren207  - what recall work does your 2017 need already?  My 2017 CS-S is stored at the dealer for winter.  If there is recall work that needs to be done, I should have him do it now rather than in the spring!  Thanks
    2017 CS-S Max (Silver & Yellow), TV 2019 Ram 1500
    Camping under the Big Sky
  • Options
    warren207warren207 Member Posts: 46
    Recall on fridge and propane hose. Check with manufacturer and they will advise. I registered mine as soon as I took possession and received emails about recalls 
    Sara & Mike/2020 AVIA #0066/Denver, CO
    2014 Toyota Sequoia
  • Options
    gophergradgophergrad Member Posts: 115
    Thanks.  Registered ours right away too, haven't received any emails.
    2017 CS-S Max (Silver & Yellow), TV 2019 Ram 1500
    Camping under the Big Sky
  • Options
    LauraReyLauraRey Member Posts: 338
    I bought my 2017 Max-S in December.  I asked the dealer to pull the fridge and check the hose.  They said my camper wasn't on the list of recalls.  I insisted they physically check it.  And, it needed the hoses adjusted and clamped.  They then had to call other folks who bought from them in the last year and ask them to bring in their trailer so they could check it.  Hope my experience is helpful to others.  My dealer was grateful and a bit chagrined.
    Red and White, 2017 Max S being towed by a 2014 Honda Ridgeline.  Hello Mountains!
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    LauraRey, Good call on being insistent about the fridge! Ours was on the recall list, and I checked it myself. Fortunately, the hoses were properly installed.  I  still contacted the warranty department at Pleasant Valley to let them know mine was not in need of repair. I would much rather be safe, than sorry later on.
    warren207 and gophergrad, Absolutely agree on registering your trailer right away. Not only do you get recall info through emails, but when specials are run in the Tear Drop Shop, you get those as well. Also makes it easier for Elsie in parts when you're ordering things as well!
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    edited January 2017
    You actually don't have to "pull" the fridge to check the hoses, just take the left cover off (five screws). In most cases you can fix the problem either thru there or the stovetop. Pulling/reinserting the fridge is a major pain.
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    PXL, Absolutely agree! Both the stove top and side panel are actually very easy to remove, gives you great access, and while you're there, you can check all the hose routing and connections as well. I found two that weren't tight enough while checking the hoses for the recall notice.
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf