Options

Pair Jensen with headphones?

I’d like to pair a set of bluetooth headphones with the Jensen system so I can listen to music, watch video etc., without disturbing others. Does anybody know if this is possible?

I thought it would just be a matter of pairing to headphones but that didn’t work - Jensen doesn't recognize them. I was able to pair the headphones with my phone and pair the Jensen with my phone but not the headphones with the Jensen.

Hope this makes sense. Any tech savvy people know if this can be done? 

Sn@pDog, 2017 Outback, Silver w/black trim

Comments

• Options
    db_cooperdb_cooper Member Posts: 726
    There should be  a Bluetooth button on the left side of the Jensen.  The large volume knob controls the menu to cycle between various devices you've paired.  Hopefully this helps, I usually get it to work, but it's trial and error for me.
    2015 Max S Outback | 2010 Xterra

• Options
    marknjudymarknjudy Member Posts: 378
    Unfortunately, I don't have the answer yet as I've been passively pursuing this for some time. I just wanted to chime in with what I knew and hope someone can use all of this to create a solution. First of all, there is blue tooth that sends a signal to a device, Bluetooth that receives a signal from a device and Bluetooth that both sends and receives. The reason the headphones won't connect is that both the headphones and the Jensen are Bluetooth receive only devices. There needs to be something in the Jensen that sends the signal. I researched and bought such a device from Best Buy for $50 which plugs into the headphone jack of a receiver and transmits Bluetooth, unfortunately, there does not appear to be a headphone jack on the Jensen. It came with an adapter that would allow it to plug into an aux jack on the receiver but I haven't had the courage to take the Jensen out of the cabinet (which really means I haven't had the opportunity to try taking it out when the DW isn't around). I don't believe it could plug into the speaker output and I haven't found anything to show me what other options are behind the Jensen to use. So, if anyone could share light on that little mystery - what to connect it to - then we'd be in business.
    Mark - 2016 T@b Max S (Silver/Red), 2012 F-150
  • Options
    db_cooperdb_cooper Member Posts: 726
    Marknjudy is right,  I've only paired phone to send to the Jensen.  I should read the posts more carefully!
    2015 Max S Outback | 2010 Xterra

• Options
    SnapDogSnapDog Member Posts: 53
    Thanks to both of you - "...both the headphones and the Jensen are Bluetooth receive only devices" - this makes sense given I can pair both with my phone. I'll keep researching. As you say, there must be a solution out there somewhere. 
  • Options
     I wonder if one could use the headphone jack on the television for the BT adapter.

• Options
    Hmmmmmm... That would be worth the try. I will start my research up again as I REALLY want to do this. Not only for headphones but for Bluetooth speaker outside. Love the Jensen, but we spend more time outside than in, so can't hear the radio.
  • Options

This is what I bought and I still think it's the right thing if we can figure out how to connect it. I was wrong on the price - $25.00

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/aluratek-bluetooth-audio-transmitter-white/4236915.p?skuId=4236915

• Options
    RollingLagrimaRollingLagrima Member Posts: 435
    Great @marknjudy . I prefer headphones too in and around the T@B. A quick search of Amazon for "Bluetooth audio transmitter" shows they have tons of them ranging from $12.99 and up.  On my wish list now!  
    Sally, "PlaT@Bus" 2016 T@B Sofitel Maxx-S (plata=silver; SP), previously Little Guy 2014 Silver Shadow LE, TV -- 2013 Chevy Avalanche + two hounds.
  • Options
    Good pricing. I suspect any of them will work when we figure out how to connect them. I'm gonna try the TV idea as spon as I can. 
  • Options
    From reading reviews, it looks like you just plug it in to the headphone jack on the back of the television, turn on the tv, turn on your Bluetooth headhones, power up the device  (which incidentally appears to charge while plugged into the television or via micro USB), pair to the device using the controls on your headphones, and off you go!
    Sally, "PlaT@Bus" 2016 T@B Sofitel Maxx-S (plata=silver; SP), previously Little Guy 2014 Silver Shadow LE, TV -- 2013 Chevy Avalanche + two hounds.
  • Options
    Well that sounds pretty simple! thanks.  I'm going to pick up an adapter this weekend and I'll give it a try. 
  • Options
    Awesome! I was thinking about the radio as well. That definitely sounds like it's a fix for the TV.
  • Options
    linolino Member Posts: 226
    Has anyone had success pairing your iPhone to the Jenson?
    My phone does not recognize it and no luck using the search function for help
  • Options
    lino-yes pairing the Jensen with my phone was easy for me. My phone recognized it quickly and I just tapped on the jensen info when it appeared on my phone. I think i have a version 6 Iphone. 
  • Options
    Yes. Mine connected without any difficulty the first time. Sorry, but I don't remember the steps, but I thought it was one button press on the Jensen.
  • Options
    According to direction it was just one button
    thanks for letting me know it's possible
    Will call Jenson
  • Options
    I have tried two devices and nether recognized the Jenson after hitting Bluetooth button
  • Options
    SnapDog said:
    Well that sounds pretty simple! thanks.  I'm going to pick up an adapter this weekend and I'll give it a try. 
    It should be the same for the Jensen stereo.
  • Options
    TTTabTTTab Member Posts: 100
    Looked and my new 2015's jensen doesn't have a bluetooth button. :s  Also didn't notice before but my kitchen window doesn't open  :o  Haven't taken maiden voyage and now want a newer T@B  But smart to start with a used one.

2015 T@B M@x S silver and white
    tv 2010 Lexus RX350 Matador red  
  • Options
    Got it to work
    My mistake was not holding  the Bluetooth button until my phone found it
    We also custom cut carpeting so good day since we did not camp
    Sorry to hijack thread I'm done

• Options
    TabberJohnTabberJohn Member Posts: 588
    TTTab said:
    Looked and my new 2015's jensen doesn't have a bluetooth button. :s  
    What is the model number under the LCD panel?
    2015 T@B Max S (White/Silver) -> 2014 Ford Escape 2.0L (turbo, AWD, factory tow)
  • Options
    Tabberjohn
    AWA1965 is the model number. Is it an earlier model that did not have bluetooth?
  • Options
    TabberJohnTabberJohn Member Posts: 588
    edited March 2017
    Not finding AWA1965 here: http://www.jensenrvdirect.com/
    Our 2015 T@B has the AWM968 with Bluetooth.
    I take it your looks something like this: https://www.amazon.com/Jensen-AWM965-Black-DVD-Player/dp/B003ZOH5TC
    2015 T@B Max S (White/Silver) -> 2014 Ford Escape 2.0L (turbo, AWD, factory tow)
  • Options
    That is it. Not 968 but 965   Didn't it my glasses on!!!
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    That's what I have , also. I just use the RCA plug to play my iPod, but most of the time I use a portable JBL speaker and I'm happy.
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    OK I will stop trying to figure it out!  I had hoped to use bluetooth headphones. 

• Options
    TTTab said:
    OK I will stop trying to figure it out!  I had hoped to use bluetooth headphones. 

If you boondocks or dry camp a lot, the Jenson entertainment center is an energy hog. If you're always at an electric campsite, it doesn't matter. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    I bet it is Perhaps it is just taking up space that isn't necessary. Has anyone removed it to use that space as storage or is it necessary for the television?

• Options
    Your kitchen under cabinet light wiring goes through that cabinet, as does the wiring for 12V and 110V undercabinet outlets, plus the antenna wire for the Jenson. There's a lot of wiring in there. By the time you boxed in the wiring, there wouldn't be much space left for storage. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN