Options

Storage hints

solowmnsolowmn Member Posts: 7
I am downsizing from a Casita, and I'm wondering what people have come up with for creative storage ideas!  Any hints?  

Comments

• Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    edited March 2017
    Welcome! I would recommend doing a search on "storage" as this is a well discussed topic and there are numerous threads on it. You will find lots of good ideas!

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    AldebaranJillAldebaranJill Member Posts: 452
    solowmn said:
    I am downsizing from a Casita, and I'm wondering what people have come up with for creative storage ideas!  Any hints?  
    If you are a solo woman (as username suggests?) there are some good FaceBook groups that will offer storage solutions as well.
    2013 MAXX T@B towed by a 2015 Volvo S60 5 CYL AWD Sedan
    Seattle, WA
  • Options
    As far as hints, I'd sugggest cargo nets, making use of any space that your body doesn't need to move around the interior, and going under the seats and using plywood to partition spaces so that you use every square inch of under seat space. I've also added hinges and struts to my seats and under seat lids, as well as inner platforms and partitions. Hope that helps.
    Seattle, WA
  • Options
    LauraReyLauraRey Member Posts: 338
    As far as hints, I'd sugggest cargo nets, making use of any space that your body doesn't need to move around the interior, and going under the seats and using plywood to partition spaces so that you use every square inch of under seat space. I've also added hinges and struts to my seats and under seat lids, as well as inner platforms and partitions. Hope that helps.
    Says the woman who totally wins the award for mods and making use of storage spaces. :)
    Red and White, 2017 Max S being towed by a 2014 Honda Ridgeline.  Hello Mountains!
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    A lot of people don't use the way back behi d and under the bench area, but if you can reach it, there is additional storage there. I put extra, less likely to need stuff there and it worked out pretty well. In 3 months I only had to get back there a handful of times, but so was able to get back there.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    drpprmtdrpprmt Member Posts: 117
    We're downsizing from a large class A.  Where do you get those cargo nets?  I think I need one for my dog!
  • Options
    drpprmt said:
    We're downsizing from a large class A.  Where do you get those cargo nets?  I think I need one for my dog!
    I get mine here: www.organizedobie.com

LauraRey said:
    Says the woman who totally wins the award for mods and making use of storage spaces. :)
    Awwww, you just made my day. And I'm gonna get into that rear space someday...just gotta figure out how...it's calling my name. =)
    Seattle, WA
  • Options
    SandiegogalSandiegogal Member Posts: 127
    edited March 2017
    solowmn said:
    Congrats!  Here's a link to a thread we did showing all the mods/storage we did in our T@B; maybe this will give you some ideas. http://tab-rv.vanillaforums.com/discussion/4414/our-mods-organization/p1   Also, My husband (ds@work) recently cut our long back cabinet cover into 3 and place springs on each section allowing us access into each space without having to take everything off the long top (scroll to the bottom of the thread) http://tab-rv.vanillaforums.com/discussion/4548/back-long-storage-lid-mod-s-model/p1  HTH :)

Living in our Airstream, traveling in our 2017 T@B Basic S 
    Married to Dave-aka, ds@work