Options

2017 Tab S Owners - what are you doing for organization under the sink?

texasaubiefantexasaubiefan Member Posts: 62
edited April 2017 in Modifications & Upgrades
I've read almost every post and comment on the forums and have a lot of good ideas.  The problem seems that with the 2017s, the top cabinet immediately underneath the sink has a different plumbing configuration from previous models.   The plumbing drain comes from the left back rear, but instead of running it parallel to the back of the cabinet wall, they angle it.   And the sink is further right.  So I've only got a 5 1/2" space between the plumbing and right cabinet wall to put drawers, etc into.   And on the left side, I've got a plenty wide enough area (albeit w/the hinges in the way) area to play, but the depth with the plumbing rules out most standard drawers I've seen.   So...what have you done?   or....has anybody rerouted the plumbing so it runs parallel w/the back wall and then do a 90 to the sink?   
2017 T@B 320-S, Sofitel (M@bel)
Mabel is my great grandmother that I never knew.  She took her 3 sons (ages 8-2) on an epic adventure from Alabama to Florida in the 1930's in the back of a pick up truck.  I named my female English springer spaniel after my mother.  Might as well go for broke with the brownie points in Heaven!   
TV: 2018 Ford F-150 Lariat Supercrew 
David & Jill, Houston, TX

Comments

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Rather than re-routing my drain pipe, I'll be building an "L" shaped drawer on slides in my T@B's under sink cabinet. The taller side will hold pots and pans, with other stuff that will slide under the P trap while still being in the drawer. This is to insure that everything stays in place while traveling. I have not made any sketches, nor have I planed the cherry that I will be using for drawer.

(Why cherry? I have a few hundred board feet of cherry, I love cherry and why buy other wood when I have it on hand?)

I will also also build a drawer for the lower cabinet so I can't lose stuff way in the rear of the cabinet!

I'm also considering putting child proof locks in the cabinet door to keep them closed on some of the bumpy roads I'll be traveling on. 

Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    @texasaubiefan You'll find V is a wizard at wood scrolling! So when she casually mentions cherry wood, it's because she has premium woods for projects next to amazing tools! :)
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    webcrawlerwebcrawler Member Posts: 133
    edited April 2017
    My solution was to let my "Packrat" wife handle it.   ;)

She uses a couple of low profile trays to contain everything and you just pull them out.  I did add an over the door paper towel roll holder and it works great.
    Kennesaw, Georgia

2016 Silver/Black T@B M@x S with Scuba Black interior.  2015 Lincoln MKC AWD 2.0L Ecoboost tow vehicle. Tekonsha Prodigy wireless Brake Controller.
  • Options
    hymiehymie Member Posts: 150
    @Verna Mmmmmmmmm.... Cherry..... Just finished replacing the Laguna table with a piece of 16" 2x live edge cherry. Beautiful wood. Can't wait to see another of your masterworks. PS Hoping the automatic picture resizing works.... If not - apologies :)
    James & Jacquie     Almonte, Ontario
    2016 Jeep Cherokee & 2017 T@B Outback
  • Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,497
    @hymie, great minds think alike! This was yesterday's mod:

@webcrawler we did the same thing Saturday with the paper towel holder. Made more sense to us, and leaves the kitchen area less cluttered feeling.
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    hymiehymie Member Posts: 150
    @Homebodyatheart Wow! That's stunning -very nice. 
    James & Jacquie     Almonte, Ontario
    2016 Jeep Cherokee & 2017 T@B Outback
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    I love the smell of sawdust!  Thanks for the encouragement to work on my cherry tabletop and cabinet drawers.  I need to get that cherry planed!  

Spring Turkey season is fast approaching and time needs to be spent scouting. I saw 3 hens (can't hunt them!) and one nice gobbler today!  Maybe this is the year I get to finally to eat a wild turkey.... on the hoof, not in the bottle!
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    SandiegogalSandiegogal Member Posts: 127

I've read almost every post and comment on the forums and have a lot of good ideas.  The problem seems that with the 2017s, the top cabinet immediately underneath the sink has a different plumbing configuration from previous models.   The plumbing drain comes from the left back rear, but instead of running it parallel to the back of the cabinet wall, they angle it.   And the sink is further right.  So I've only got a 5 1/2" space between the plumbing and right cabinet wall to put drawers, etc into.   And on the left side, I've got a plenty wide enough area (albeit w/the hinges in the way) area to play, but the depth with the plumbing rules out most standard drawers I've seen.   So...what have you done?   or....has anybody rerouted the plumbing so it runs parallel w/the back wall and then do a 90 to the sink?   

Here's a link to the mods we did in our 2017 T@B S...maybe this will give you some ideas:http://tab-rv.vanillaforums.com/discussion/4414/our-mods-organization/p1 

Living in our Airstream, traveling in our 2017 T@B Basic S 
    Married to Dave-aka, ds@work
  • Options
    @Verna you can come to our town and see all sorts of 'wild' turkey flocks roaming various neighborhoods! As beautiful as they are, they make huge messes, so I am glad we are not on their feeding or sleeping route list! I also never knew that they could fly so high up into trees. Saw one fly once more than mid-way up an old ponderosa. 
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    texasaubiefantexasaubiefan Member Posts: 62

Here's a link to the mods we did in our 2017 T@B S...maybe this will give you some ideas:http://tab-rv.vanillaforums.com/discussion/4414/our-mods-organization/p1 

Thanks.   We actually did steal your idea of the baskets and were trying to get similar drawers under the sink.   Problem is the plumbing location on our 2017 is different.  
    2017 T@B 320-S, Sofitel (M@bel)
    Mabel is my great grandmother that I never knew.  She took her 3 sons (ages 8-2) on an epic adventure from Alabama to Florida in the 1930's in the back of a pick up truck.  I named my female English springer spaniel after my mother.  Might as well go for broke with the brownie points in Heaven!   
    TV: 2018 Ford F-150 Lariat Supercrew 
    David & Jill, Houston, TX
  • Options
    @texasaubiefan the good news is that the drain pipe and p-trap used to be about dead center if I remember correctly, and people made a lot of mods to that. Our newer ones are the improved models.
  • Options

@Verna you can come to our town and see all sorts of 'wild' turkey flocks roaming various neighborhoods! As beautiful as they are, they make huge messes, so I am glad we are not on their feeding or sleeping route list! I also never knew that they could fly so high up into trees. Saw one fly once more than mid-way up an old ponderosa. 

We have had a rash of huge gobblers flying into windshields. Two into State Police patrol cars and two into SUV's. This in less than two weeks!  I have a friend with a flock of 15 to 25 in her yard every morning.... but she only has 5 acres and the neighbors are too close by. I'll go for safety before being able to eat wild turkey any day!
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    HappyCamperWivesHappyCamperWives Member Posts: 33
    We use a utensil holder for the left side that holds everything from silverware to cooking gear. Then we can fit our plates, cast iron, cooking pans and large bowls in the front then small bowls and cups up top! We also set up a kitchen outside to have access to more stuff if needed!