Options

Fresh Water Holding Tank Sensor

While work on my Alde regulator fix and measuring holding tanks for my diagram. I noticed that the sensor on the fresh water tank was not seated properly. I'll be contacting nucamp about this but thought is was worth sharing in case other are having problems with accuracy of the sensors. We typically start running out with about 25% still showing on the see level monitor.

2017 Tab Basic S Silver on Silver with Sofitel Cushions....upgraded from 2013 LG 5W....Towed by a 2016 Sorento V6 AWD w/5000lb tow capacity. Dave S. married to Jen aka SanDiegoGal We pull a Tab but live in a 2014 Airstream International Signature 27 FBQ...Talk about embracing a trailer lifestyle.

Comments

• Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    The computer chip panel for the FW tank is actually about a 1/2" taller (4" card) than the tank itself and they mount them diagonally to compensate for the 4" computer card.  In the interim you could use duct tape to temporarily secure the green chip panel to the side of the tank and align both corners diagonally at the top and bottom.  I would probably scuff up the tank surface with a fine grit sand paper, clean it thoroughly with rubbing alcohol and reattach the new card in place when it arrives.  I found all of it out the hard way, but the second install was fine and as you noted, the tank typically runs out when around 25-26% full as the pump will struggle, sputter and spit.  I have really enjoyed the SeeLevel ll tank monitor system, even with some of the small glitches encountered.  
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    dsatworkdsatwork Member Posts: 744
    NuCamp marked up my photo to show the proper installation placement.
    2017 Tab Basic S Silver on Silver with Sofitel Cushions....upgraded from 2013 LG 5W....Towed by a 2016 Sorento V6 AWD w/5000lb tow capacity. Dave S. married to Jen aka SanDiegoGal We pull a Tab but live in a 2014 Airstream International Signature 27 FBQ...Talk about embracing a trailer lifestyle.
  • Options
    abenteurerabenteurer Member Posts: 72
    I compensate for the readings by noting the full values for each tank.  When my grey tank reaches 92% I expect back flow into the bath.
    2016 T@B M@x S | 2015 Grand Cherokee 5.7L HEMI (awesome) with factory tow pkg | 2017 Wrangler Sahara (awesome) 4-dr with factory max tow pkg
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,548
    Our gray tank is up in the shower pan at 80%.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    SawtoothSawtooth Member Posts: 18
    Our gray tank is up in the shower pan at 75%.
  • Options
    SactoSteveSactoSteve Member Posts: 32
    I compensate for the readings by noting the full values for each tank.  When my grey tank reaches 92% I expect back flow into the bath.
    Our T@B 400 just has lights are there systems that report this accurately?   
    -steve
    2019 T@B 400
    2018 Audi Q5
    Sacramento CA
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,548
    The KIB system has internal tank sensors and is supposed to be more accurate than the SeeLevel with exterior tank sensors.  
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    ginsbujginsbuj Member Posts: 45
    My fresh water tank is the only one that isn't accurate. It shows full when filled however after using some water it then shows empty.