Options

T@B windows are going to give me a concussion.

Bill_CochraneBill_Cochrane Member Posts: 103
I'm 6'1" and have a T@B Outback which has the additional height with more ground clearance.  I am not typically klutzy but I continue to bash my head on the opened side T@B windows.  This happens almost every time I walk past the opened window.  You'd think I'd learn to avoid this but after four trips it's still happening much too frequently.  I have smartened up despite the head bashing by hanging towels on the opened windows using clothespins.  Have any of you taller folks experienced this problem and if so what steps have you taken to avoid the hazard as towels hanging from the windows tend to look kinda shoddy.
2017 White with Black T@B Outb@ck, Max S ( rec'd on May 2nd, 2017)
TV is a 2017 White Honda Ridgeline, Detroit Auto Show North American Truck of the Year  Love it. 

Comments

• Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,497
    I'm short enough, or just lucky enough to miss them. I've seen others use pool noodles with a slit cut on one side to place over the edge of the windows. They are cheap this time of year, and come in bright colors. Plumbing pipe insulation foam works too.  Some use them for their tent lines so people don't trip over them. Good luck!
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,670
    It happened to me, and I'm 5 9.  Hung various things from the windows, then did it again. 

I've discovered that the spot under that window is the perfect spot for my portable table!
    2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    My sis and her 6'2" BF just put their equipment tubs and chairs in the way of any open windows to block the path by them lol. Any port in a storm!!
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    Good suggestions.  I like the table idea but we cook outside a lot on our table,  don't think I'd like to cook under the window.  I also like the pool noodle idea.  Think I'll try that.
    TV is a 2017 White Honda Ridgeline, Detroit Auto Show North American Truck of the Year  Love it. 

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,506
    The pool noodle is a must have.  My DH knocked himself to the ground walking into an open window.  Be careful.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    SAM said:
    The pool noodle is a must have.  My DH knocked himself to the ground walking into an open window.  Be careful.
    OW!!! :fearful:
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    I've taken a few hits too on the side window and make it a point to keep my lawn chairs out away from the trailer and the window lowered down enough to keep my blood supply intact!   =)
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    I certainly remembered this conversation this morning. As I put the chair out under the window (as per usual), I gave myself a couple of extra inches for those guests who aren't aware of the dangers of my windows. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    SawtoothSawtooth Member Posts: 18
    edited July 2017
    I can so relate to this discussion.  On our first time out with the T@B earlier this year I sliced my forehead open on the open window.  Doggone it, that hurt.  I think it took longer for my pride to heal than the cut.  It kind of helps to hear I'm not the only  one to have this problem.  I've been placing our chairs under the window to help me avoid walking under it, but I think I need to get a pool noodle.  Thanks for the ideas.
  • Options
    PhotoJoePhotoJoe Member Posts: 34
    I'm only 5' 7" and I cut myself walking into my window yesterday airing out my trailer.  I'll have pool noodles before I open that window again.
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    Yep, Time to get the pool noodle to protect the "other" noodle! :o:s
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    Pool noodles work like a charm.

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • Options
    linolino Member Posts: 226
    Great idea but I got stuck with pink- not to manly
    Going to Florida this weekend, must be 2 navy blue noodles somewhere 
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    I love the color coordination above!   =)
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    Lino I got lime green so I'm matching them with 2 strong margaritas.  Sorry but for pink all I can think of is pink ladies or princess martini.  =)

• Options
    @lino, First time that noodle protects yer nogin, you really won't care what color that sucker is! =)
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    Thanks for the feedback
    Pink is better than pain
    And the main reason for the noodle is to protect my noodle when drinking at night
  • Options
    Z_GZ_G Member Posts: 38
    At night if you drink enough, what pain... would be the morning after ...where did that come from?
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    @Z_G, a nice, soft landin' spot helps, especially when that sucker knocks 'ya out! ANY color is better than the stars 'ya see when you hit that window dead on! Got a crease in my forehead from this last trip. New list for Liz (she works at Home Depot).....pipe insulation, & enough to cover all three window frames, sides & bottom.
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    edited July 2017
    I'm mitering my corners and gluing them for a neater look.

• Options
    I finally found blue noodles to match my T@B.

I used the pink one inside to make it softer when I hit my head while getting up from sleeping and this saved me last week.
  • Options
    driftlessdriftless Member Posts: 135
    @lino we might have to try that since we sleep side to side.
    Happy Trails,
    Phil & Anita - Driftless: 2018 T@B 400/2015 Ford Explorer