Options

Trailer Jack in the way of my tailgate

2»

Comments

• Options
    Pop-T@BPop-T@B Member Posts: 199
    OutbackAZ,  Instead of sending it back to the Tear Drop Shop, if you would like to send the jack plate back to me, I will make you a new one with enlarged holes so it will fit your T@B. Or, If you are going to Tearstock in July just bring the bad one with you and I will go ahead and ship you a new one as soon as I get them made ( in about one week). I am truly sorry and upset that you had a bad experience with my product and I want to make it right with you. Thanks,  Shawn
  • Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,357
    Pop-T@B:  Will trace the bolt pattern and send it to you with the brackets.  Maybe just widening one or two holes will do the trick.  PM me your shipping address.  Thanks for doing this.  I really like the design.
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.
  • Options

OutbackAZ,  send me a email at smassie@windstream.net and I will send you my shipping address so I can get your Jack Plate corrected. Thank you.

• Options
    JohnDanielsCPAJohnDanielsCPA Member Posts: 238
    I installed this on my T@B.  It installed and works perfectly and was an easy installation.  Thanks!
    2022 T@B 400 BD
    2019 Ford F-150 3.5L Ecoboost with Long Bed
  • Options

John,

Thank you for the positive feedback, hope you find it as useful as I do.

Thanks, Shawn

• Options
    LuckyjLuckyj Member Posts: 286
    This is how I dealed with my issue on my T@G

2017 T@G Max Outback "Le Refuge"
    TV 2005 jeep TJ unlimited
    and/or 2005 Nissan X-Trail 4wd
    Alaskan Malamuthe on board!

Les Escoumins and Petite-Riviere-St-Francois QC
  • Options
    An extended tongue may work fine on a lighter weight trailer with less tongue weight, but it does not work well on a heavier trailer with more tongue weight. It would put a lot more stress on the trailer tongue and on the TV hitch receiver. The longer the hitch or the tongue, equals more weight on the ball of the hitch  
  • Options
    LuckyjLuckyj Member Posts: 286
    Always depend on the load you apply in the front.  And it can always be conpensated by how you distribute the laod in the TD.  This is how I do it any way.  And with the longer tongue, it is actualy more stable, and way easier to back up.

Compare to other off road trailer owner, I did not do this to add more boxes and crates on the front protion of my trailer, only to get clearance

I have tested this on my off road /utility trailer for about 20 years, and could not see how I could have lived with such a short tongue on the T@G.  Plus, even If I would have simple go with a removable jack, in vertical articulation, there was not enough room to flex between the trailer box/rack and the jeep spare.  The coupler is also multi axe and the tongue tube goeas all the way pass the rear bumper for recovery of bicycle rack. (The bike rack still as to be tested).

and to top this off, this is the short version.  I can make it even longer if I want to.  The inner part of the tube is about 7 feet (but it will not stay that long for long ;). ).
    2017 T@G Max Outback "Le Refuge"
    TV 2005 jeep TJ unlimited
    and/or 2005 Nissan X-Trail 4wd
    Alaskan Malamuthe on board!

Les Escoumins and Petite-Riviere-St-Francois QC