Options

Removing window trims

I've noticed some pictures where people have removed those big plastic things around the windows but doing some searching I haven't found any information about what/how to do that.

I guess my biggest question is what do you use to fill the screw holes to make it water tight?!  I'm going to be wrapping my T@B next week and I want to remove the trim around the windows.

Comments

• Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    I've noticed some pictures where people have removed those big plastic things around the windows but doing some searching I haven't found any information about what/how to do that.

I guess my biggest question is what do you use to fill the screw holes to make it water tight?!  I'm going to be wrapping my T@B next week and I want to remove the trim around the windows.
    I can't wait to see what you do. I have been toying with the idea of a wrap for a few years, now. 

Since you are going to be covering with a wrap, I would think caulk + the wrap will suffice? I wonder if you can get a screw hole cover to fit?

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    blackc2004blackc2004 Member Posts: 117
    I removed the trim yesterday and it came off very easily but i'm not happy with the look because the screw holes split the outside metal a bit and the caulk didn't really fill the holes nicely. 

I'll see how it looks with the wrap.
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Good to know. I know some have removed the trim to paint but had not heard about holes splitting the metal. 

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014