üCamp17 Photos and Video!

Hi Everyone! It was soooo great to meet many of you at this years event! I put together all of my photos and made a little video for you. If I missed you, I am deeply sorry - I tried to get around to everyone but I just couldn't!!

If you weren't there - check out the video. The event will be in the same place next year - it was beautiful - July 16-21, 2018.

Enjoy!!
https://mandyleaphoto.com/2017/08/07/ucamp17/
2018 Black T@B Outback | 2016 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
Love & Light!

Comments

• ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    ABSOLUTELY AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for sharing. :)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,538
    Nice photos, @MandyLea. I'm curious though...

I've heard (and how many completely false statements begin with those words) that the Amish generally do not wish to be photographed. However, it seems quite a few were more than happy to mug for your camera. Is my understanding incorrect?
    2015 T@B S

• MandyLeaMandyLea Member Posts: 52
    ScottG said:
    Nice photos, @MandyLea. I'm curious though...

I've heard (and how many completely false statements begin with those words) that the Amish generally do not wish to be photographed. However, it seems quite a few were more than happy to mug for your camera. Is my understanding incorrect?
    They all seemed very happy to have their photo (and video) taken. I'd never force a photo on anyone but it never felt awkward...
    2018 Black T@B Outback | 2016 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
    Love & Light!
  • TabbieannecamperTabbieannecamper Member Posts: 32
    Wonderful video and pictures Mandy Lea. Thanks for doing and sharing!
  • VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    @ScottG, there are a combination of different sects of both Amish and Mennonite employed at nüCamp, and who work and live in the surrounding communities. I know of one person who turns away when a camera pointed his way.  If you are in the factory during the day, there are more who do not care for their photos to be taken.

I do know that in Lancaster, PA in the mid 80's, few of the Amish wanted their photos taken. Obviously, it just depends on which sect the person belongs to. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    It is always best to ask before photographing someone in a way that they're recognizable.

http://www.discoverlancaster.com/towns-and-heritage/amish-country/amish-and-photographs.asp
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,538
    At least I know I wasn't imagining things. I'm pretty sure I got my information while touring Lancaster County, PA several years ago, vaguely remembering something about "graven images."

I suspected it had something to do with the particular sect and how they interpreted and applied the rules.

I agree that it's always best to ask before snapping, regardless of the subject!
    2015 T@B S

This discussion has been closed.