Options

Starting out... What trailer items do you recommend?

4ncar4ncar Member Posts: 1,072
edited September 2017 in Products and Accessories
So, I've been lurking, now getting ready to take delivery. First of many lists have been started. So: for the 1st time RVer/T@Ber.. what are the first things needed.  I got a line on the basics, stinky slinky(but how long?), city water hose(but how long?). Gonna get the obligatory WP restricter, and cleaning stuff, etc. Any other first day must haves? 
TV- '16 Chevy Colorado LT Crew Cab-DuraMax
2018 320S Outback

Comments

• Options
    rkj__rkj__ Member Posts: 641
    Holding tank treatment / chemical
    RV friendly toilet paper
    Wheel chocks
    Level

May need:
    30A extension cord
    30A/15A plug adapter

2016 T@b 320 CS-S - 2018 GMC Sierra - St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada
  • Options
    jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    Water pressure regulator, surge protector, a slotted drill bit which fits over the stabilzer screw to lower the stabilizer quickly and easily, battery powered drill, some kind of leveling device-we use the Bal leveler, many use the plastic blocks or assorted scraps of wood to place under a tire or both tires, silicon spray, lithium grease, a lug wrench for both TV tires and trailer tires
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• Options
    jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    If you search on "list" you'll find some members have created, and this URL has The Mother of All RV Checklists
    http://rvreview.ning.com/profiles/blogs/the-mother-of-all-rv-checklist 
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• Options
    Twojgrams said:
    If you search on "list" you'll find some members have created, and this URL has The Mother of All RV Checklists
    http://rvreview.ning.com/profiles/blogs/the-mother-of-all-rv-checklist 
    Hahaha mother of all....yup...that's what I need! Lol
    2018 320S Outback
  • Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926
    Locks. Hitch, receiver, tire. They're so darn cute, small and light weight that they appear good targets to the bad guys. While you may not stop the really determined ones you may slow them down and will prevent those who don't work hard at anything from taking your t@b.
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    So, how long of a stinky slinky & city water hose should I get? i have no idea how far hook ups generally are from parking pads....
    2018 320S Outback
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,421
    I've always managed with the cheapo 10' (I think) slinky that came in the PVC carrier in the tub. I like the compact nature of it, but I usually have to stretch it out and hold it in place to make the reach to the dump hole. At least a couple more feet would work perfectly.

My 25' water hose has always been more than enough on the occasions when I have water. Most CG's seem to position the pedestals in a logical location, but there are exceptions. More by accident than planning, I also have two 10' hoses. These are handy for filling the water tank at public spigots, and can be added to the 25-footer if extra length is needed.
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,494
    edited August 2017
    I had a three level system: 1-what basics do I need to use the trailer? 2-practical things, like food, clothing, bedding, etc. 3 - everything else I think I might want on a trip, like games, books, knitting, etc. For me, a 15' rhino sewer hose has been a good length, Happy Campers enzyme powder for both tanks(Amazon- I've been camping once or twice a  month since April and to date have zero odor in either my tanks or the rhino hose!), plastic gloves for dumping, hand sanitizer, small notepad and pen kept in the trailer to list what you need to remember to bring next time, small bubble level for leveling(hardware store kind, any size, or phone app, or even a water bottle part way full), I use the Anderson Leveler for the wheel leveling, flashlight, headlamp lights are handy, too, as are Luci solar lights, tool kit including square head drill bits, ball bungee cords come in handy, qt and gallon ziploc bags for food storage (less space taken vs plastic containers), a few larger garbage sacks, just in case, silicone spray (spray the everloving out of your hitch handle, sides, and underside the first few times to help it loosen up!), first aid kit.  Think compact, think multi-purpose. Have fun with it, too!
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    libertyolibertyo Member Posts: 33
    Extra fuses for everything.  There's a complete list around here somewhere...
    "Bella"  2016 T@b maxs blue, towed by '18 Chevy Colorado ZR2 duramax diesel - yes NEW baby, accompanied by the Red dog
    Rural Liberty Hill, TX, near Austin