Options

Anyone Used The Trailer Valet Dolly With The T@B 400?

newbienewbie Member Posts: 30
Taking delivery of a T@B 400 this winter and considering using a trailer dolly to maneuver it in my driveway (gravel).  Anyone have experience with using the Trailer Valet or any other kind of dolly with the 400?
2018 T@B 400 - 2017 Chevy Colorado

Comments

• Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    A large motorized dolly could move that on gravel. A hand dolly would be near impossible. Even the pricy motorized (with remote) dollies have a weight limit and an incline limit. I'd research each one and call the company. Most of the companies are very helpful and can point you to what would work best for you. 
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    atlasbatlasb Member Posts: 583
    We use a dolly from Harbor Freight, on concrete.  I unhook on the apron in front of our shop and wheel it right into the spot we have for it.  Keeps us from using the handles on the T@B and putting a dimple or can in the aluminum skin.  Think it would be a problem on gravel or trying to use on an up hill grade.  Love ours!
    2018 T@B 400, 2017 Nissan Titan Crew cab
  • Options
    dsatworkdsatwork Member Posts: 744
    http://tab-rv.vanillaforums.com/discussion/4932/motorized-trailer-dolly
    This thread is a good discussion on the trailer dollies we have used..I love my power caster
    2017 Tab Basic S Silver on Silver with Sofitel Cushions....upgraded from 2013 LG 5W....Towed by a 2016 Sorento V6 AWD w/5000lb tow capacity. Dave S. married to Jen aka SanDiegoGal We pull a Tab but live in a 2014 Airstream International Signature 27 FBQ...Talk about embracing a trailer lifestyle.
  • Options
    Thanks for the replies.  Although gravel, the driveway is flat and pretty packed down.  In looking at the videos for the Trailer Valet, it seems like the hand crank (or the attachment for a power drill to move the gears) would do the job pretty nicely and be a lot easier than pushing or pulling something like the Harbor Freight or Tow Tuff dollies.  But, I will talk to the manufacturer and get their take on it.  The power dollies are too expensive for me.  
  • Options
    irvingjirvingj Member Posts: 335
    I have one like atlasb above-- it worked pretty well on packed gravel. Sometimes a second person pushing was necessary, but for the most part it worked well. (Sold our T@B, but I kept that dolly!)
  • Options
    CarolynCarolyn Member Posts: 123
    We have a trailer valet and have used it to turn the T@b on grass. Works very easily.
    2014 CS, tie-dyed exterior, "Tabula Rasa" and 2009 T@da also tie-dyed, “Grateful”
  • Options
    Carolyn - excellent.  I think I'll give the Trailer Valet a try when the time comes to take delivery.