Options

Fridge lesson

Doh!! Learned the hard way to leave the fridge door open after using. Came into the trailer to find I had a biological colony alive & well in the fridge!! A good bleachwater cleaning took care of it, but the lesson is: leave the fridge door open to let it dry out after a weekend trip!!!
TV- '16 Chevy Colorado LT Crew Cab-DuraMax
2018 320S Outback

Comments

• Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    There are thingies that you can buy from places like Camping World that will keep your frig door open since the magnets around it can accidentally close it.
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,494
    @Ratkity my 2017 has a new latch set up vs the older pin style closures. I can close it all the way, or leave it partially opened with the latch. 

@4ncar, so science experiments, huh? Gotta love bleach for the nasty stuff! Glad you caught it quickly vs the next season!
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    4ncar4ncar Member Posts: 1,072
    edited September 2017
    @Homebodyatheart I'll have to look at my latch.  There is no pin.  But what I intend to do is open the door full as I leave the trailer after use...

& yes...good thing!! Eesh!
    2018 320S Outback
  • Options
    GailandJohnGailandJohn Member Posts: 123
    Thanks for this! We forgot to get the food out of the fridge when we stored ours today, so when we went back to get the food, we left the door open.

Gail & John 

• Options
    4ncar4ncar Member Posts: 1,072
    ...mine has the"open" latching setting as well..upon closer inspection...
    2018 320S Outback
  • Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,494
    @4ncar, I did the same thing...only found it recently by accident. Luckily nothing got spoiled... :o
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    I wipe the fridge inside with a baking soda/water solution and let it dry with the door open. Then I put a small bowl of baking powder inside until the next trip. No problems.

True story: I bought a dorm fridge for my son his freshman year. It was old and apparently fairly noisy so somewhere along the way he and his roommate just unplugged it. When we picked him up in the spring it was completely black inside and I made him carry it straight to the dumpster. No way I was cleaning that.
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York