Options

Doty Hill Designs new Visor - personal review

First off, we originally purchased the awning from the teardrop shop and have been happy with it.  On really sunny days however, it was rather warm under it.  My wife was looking at visors, thinking it would serve as a good sunshade, but would allow more circulation.  Initially, we were looking at the matching red one in the shop, and I’m sure we’d been very happy with it.  Then we read some of Jenn’s posts on her visor, made by her mother, and decided to check out her site on Etsy. ( Doty Hill Dsigns).  There were so many colors and designs to choose from.  There was a 50 dollars off sale, which made the price the same as Teardrop.  What the heck.  Let’s go for it.  We choose the heavier fabric, which I think is the same and it’s supposed to have some water resistance.  They were very open to questions.  It didn’t take long to arrive...

We we were going to a local county campground at Lake Elmo, Minnesota for a few days, more for a family visit than camping.  We were excited to try it out.  Removing it from the well made bag, we started to set it up.

I liked the included stakes..

And finally, a very happy camper...

The visor is is a quality product and very well made.  While we were not able to test it in rainy condions, I’m sure it would perform well.  
The only problems were user ones.  My knot tying skills are wanting, I’m sure my old scoutmaster is somewhere shaking his head.  I also always have trouble feeding the flex pole through the fabric sleeve.  Otherwise, it was all good.  Two thumbs up from this camper.
Terry & Jody...  2016 Dodge Ram 1500
2016 NuCamp 320 T@B Max S
T@bbey  Road   
Appleton,  WI

Comments