Options

Jensen radio will not pair with Bluetooth devices - SOLVED! See last post for detail.

VickeyPVickeyP Member Posts: 47
edited October 2017 in Tips & Tricks
Our Jensen radio paired with our iPhones just fine for 4 weeks but recently we cannot get a connection. Has anyone else had this problem? My method is to select the Bluetooth mode, then hold enter down for 3 seconds, then Pairing appears on the Jensen screen but no device can connect. I have also tried the Reset on the Menu, tried turning Bluetooth and my phone and the radio off and on again, but my phone does not even see the JWN device anymore.
2018 T@B 400 Sw@llowt@il  - 2015 Highlander - Dunedin, Florida
"Not all that wander are lost..." J. R. R. Tolkien

Comments

• Options
    JohnDanielsCPAJohnDanielsCPA Member Posts: 238
    You could try having your iPhone forget the device.  Then resync.  Go to your bluetooth menu in your settings, choose the Jensens device, click on the i (information), then click forget this device.  Then try repairing.
    2022 T@B 400 BD
    2019 Ford F-150 3.5L Ecoboost with Long Bed
  • Options
    Thanks @JohnDanielsCPA, forgot it and then it does not even appear under devices so I can select it, darn!

• Options
    JohnDanielsCPAJohnDanielsCPA Member Posts: 238
    That tells me the Jensen is not generating a bluetooth signal.  If you are going through the steps on the Jensen to generate a bluetooth signal from the Jensen, it sounds like the problem is with the Jensen not generating a signal.  If it’s possible, you could try cutting all of the power to the Jensen, then try again.  Not sure how you could do that other than to shut down your electric (e.g. unplugged from 110 volt), then hit your battery disconnect so all power is shut off from the coach.  Wait a minute or so to be sure the Jensen is completely powered down, then turn everything back on and try again.  If that still doesn’t work, you may have a repair issue with your Jensen.
    2022 T@B 400 BD
    2019 Ford F-150 3.5L Ecoboost with Long Bed
  • Options
    HvtymwiltravelHvtymwiltravel Member Posts: 51
    The way that I get my iPhone to connect when it is stubborn is to first select source and press until Bluetooth is highlighted then choose it by pressing enter.  Now press and hold the menu button to enter system setup. Press menu until Bluetooth device shows up and press enter to select.  Now press and hold enter to get it to seek your device. Go to your phone and select JWM9A under Bluetooth    This is the only way that I can get it to pair when the normal method does not work.
     Good Luck
    Wayne
    2017 T@B 400   TV  Colorado Duramax
  • Options
    HvtymwiltravelHvtymwiltravel Member Posts: 51
    The way that I get my iPhone to connect when it is stubborn is to first select source and press until Bluetooth is highlighted then choose it by pressing enter.  Now press and hold the menu button to enter system   Press menu until Bluetooth device shows up and press enter to select.  Now press and hold enter to get it to seek your device. Go to your phone and select 
    2017 T@B 400   TV  Colorado Duramax
  • Options
    Thanks, we are headed home now so will try when we get there!

• Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    I like when a story ends like this!  Congrats!   :)
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    b407driverb407driver Member Posts: 130
    For those that use Bluetooth to listen to music, is your unit able to keep its connection? I find that it loses it almost daily, requiring me to cycle the battery on/off to return the connection (when boondocking). 
    2020 T@B400 Boondock Lite w/solar, TV is 2016 Toyota 4Runner TRD
    Jeff --Front Range of Colorado
  • Options
    DaveoAgogoDaveoAgogo Member Posts: 4
    On T@B- just pull TV/Radio fuse for a few seconds- kills power. Then re-pair.  There, repaired!!
  • Options
    ACruetACruet Member Posts: 1
    I pair it with my Android Tablet and play tunes fine, btu when Ieave adn return it shows as a Bluetooth device, but will not connect.
    I have to power resetm it (battery disconnect for ten seconds) every time I return to try to buetooth it again.  This cannot be right.
    I have other bluetiooth devices that remain paired and useable when left alone and I attempt to reuse them.  I don't accept that this is the only way to use this radio (Jwmb6a). I realize this as a workaround.  Who should we work with to get this fixed?
  • Options
    AnOldURAnOldUR Member Posts: 1,274
    edited August 2021
    ACruet said:
    ...This cannot be right... Who should we work with to get this fixed?
    Agree that this can't be right. How does Jensen sell a product with this serious flaw? Why does nuCamp install it in their trailer? Something strange going on.
    These backdoor methods of re-pairing can work, but are a pain. I find it easier to use the Jensen headphone jack to stream music. The obvious drawback is being tethered, but if walking away from a Bluetooth connection loses the signal. it's not all that much different. And much easier to plug and unplug than jump through the pairing hoops.

Stockton, New Jersey
    2020 nuCamp T@B 320S * Jeep Wrangler

• Options
    qhumberdqhumberd Member Posts: 470
    edited August 2021
    AnOldUR said:
    ACruet said:
    ...This cannot be right... Who should we work with to get this fixed?
    Agree that this can't be right. How does Jensen sell a product with this serious flaw? Why does nuCamp install it in their trailer? Something strange going on.
    These backdoor methods of re-pairing can work, but are a pain. I find it easier to use the Jensen headphone jack to stream music. The obvious drawback is being tethered, but if walking away from a Bluetooth connection loses the signal. it's not all that much different. And much easier to plug and unplug than jump through the pairing hoops.

I too was frustrated when my Jensen radio/DVD/CD player became a problem with pairing and then with playing discs. Jensen sent me a new unit for my 2019 but in truth this is old tech and they are not being compensated to develop a product to keep up with all the phone changes out there. The future is just your phone and wireless speaker or speakers. Streaming has replaced discs. Do the 2021 models even have a cable connection for the TV?

I find I use my radio and TV unit less and less, but I also want to point out that customer service from ASA electronics for my wonky radio was very helpful. See this thread for details

https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/9927/2019-jensen-jwm70a-dvd-cd-radio-loading-loading-loading#latest

Bottom line: I do not see this being fixed by either Jensen or any other RV manufacturer. This tech is on the way out. Likely a better use for the space anyway

2019  T@B400 Boondock Lite "Todd"

2016 Toyota Tundra 5.7 Crew Cab
  • Options
    MTFLYMTFLY Member Posts: 22
    edited March 2022
    I have a 2022 where I forget the device that I named honey pot and then when searching for new devices honey pot appears even though I forgot it. So frustrated. Until I used I pushed the reset button on my JWM22 lol. Then I was able to pair again. 
    Finley ~
    2021 Ram Bighorn North Edition “MTFLY” 
    2022 Tab 400BD “Honey Pot”
    ”Honey attracts more flies than vinegar”
  • Options
    jgpell14jgpell14 Member Posts: 21
    @MTFLY How do you push reset? Sounds so much easier than shutting everything down. Thanks 
    2022 TAB 400 BD / 2019 Honda Passport / 2023 Land Rover Defender / Cumberland, RI
  • Options
    SLJSLJ Member Posts: 450
    edited April 2022
    I use a thumb drive on the Jensen for my music library along with my phone. What the Jensen lacks is a Bluetooth transmitter for a wireless speaker. The Jensen speakers are pretty poor quality and I considered replacing them but my Bluetooth speaker sounds great so I'd rather go they route. For now I use my phone to my wireless speaker but will be adding a bluetooth transmitter to the Jensen for Zone B output for my music library on the thumb drive so it isn't always phone dependent.
    2021 T@B 320 S Boondock
    2023 Ford Maverick XLT
    The Finger Lakes of New York
  • Options
    MTFLYMTFLY Member Posts: 22
    edited April 2022
    There’s a recessed, reset button requires a paper clip or something similar in size to fit in the hole to push the tiny button. The button is located between the HDMI port and USB port on my JWN22. 
    Finley ~
    2021 Ram Bighorn North Edition “MTFLY” 
    2022 Tab 400BD “Honey Pot”
    ”Honey attracts more flies than vinegar”
  • Options
    berggerbergger Moderator Posts: 997
    I couldn’t get mine to pair the other day. I finally realized that in the settings I had inadvertently turned off Bluetooth pairing! 
    2021 T@b 400 BD  "Vixen Gail" 
    2018 Nissan Titan Pro 4X "Big Bird"
    Leadville Colorado