Options

'17 CS Model Plumbing Help

Purchased a '17 CS model this summer from our closest dealer, 2.5 hours away, and it seems that either too much time has passed since the product orientation for my age addled brain, or they glossed over detailed information on the plumbing system/valves under the sink. 

We have only been able to do a few quick trips over the warmer months to campgrounds and have to admit we have yet to master the plumbing works.  Have yet to definitively establish this, but while we've connected the unit to city water a few times, the fresh water tank hasn't necessarily filled, and I wonder if there's a valve closed that shouldn't be.  

Now that we're staring down the barrel of winter we really need to get smarter about how all this works quickly, as the online diagrams for CS winterization don't match (exactly) how our unit is plumbed. 

Any help on understanding how this plumbing puzzle works is greatly appreciated.  Too far to conveniently go back to my dealer for more education.  Could anyone label the attached photo and shine the light of knowledge on this situation?  Thanks people!

Comments

• Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926
    @Sharv62, although I have an "s" unit with inside kitchen, I can definitely tell you that the fresh water tank does NOT fill when you connect to water. The fresh water tank is filled by using the outside fill port. They are separate systems. On city water the water pressure  pushes water through your internal systems to the faucets and toilet. When drawing fresh water from your tank, you need to use the internal pump to get water to the faucets and toilet. As far as winterizing, there are many discussions if you do a search, and different methods such as the blow out and the anti-freeze (pink stuff). I believe @SAM created a pdf file with step by step winterizing for a clamshell. Many winterizing threads to choose from. Good luck.
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    RoameyRoamey Member Posts: 239
    edited October 2017
       T@B trip wherever
    New surprises everyday
       See beautiful world
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,512
    sharv62, The 3 main hoses to concern yourself with for winterizing all go through the floor.  Although the plumbing appears different from the online pics, it is indeed the same.  To winterize, you will need to use the Hot and Cold Water Drain Valves and the Alde hot water tank drain valve referred to as the Alde Safety Relief / Drain Valve.  In your picture the Hot Water Drain Valve is the red hose to the right of the sink trap, the Cold Water Drain Valve is the blue hose to the left of the sink trap and the Alde Safety Relief / Drain Valve (also known as the yellow flappy thing) is the yellow lever attached to the blue hose under the trap.  You will be turning the silver valve closest to the floor outlet for hot and cold. 

You mentioned the fresh water tank (used with the pump and when you do not have a water hook up) and as dragonsdofly reported, you fill that tank from the flip out cover located on the driver side - not at the city water conneciton.  To drain the tank for winterizing, the drain valve is located under the T@B just in front of the passenger side wheel. 

I created simple to follow instructions for winterizing.  You can find it by going to "Categories" near the bottom open up "User Manuals / PDfs, etc" and it is the 3rd thread down - Drain, blow and fill:)  Good Luck!

Sharon       
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    fiddlefootfiddlefoot Member Posts: 62
    Verna suggested (a while back) labeling the valves.  I did that with small stickers, noting the name of the valve and if it was used to winterize.  This helped me to understand the winterizing directions and keeps me a little less confused.  Once you work your way through it will become more clear.  One sticker at a time.
    The fresh water fill is a little difficult to get full and I purchased a hose attachment that (carefully) fits down into the tank a bit and the tank fills easily.  It is in no way attached to the city water connection.

Denise
    Denise, Rea and Ruby
    2016 CS S, 2008 Toyota Tacoma
    Somerset, VA